jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

Earnings

1. kmackey32 profile image80
    kmackey32posted 2 months ago

I have not had this high of earnings in years. Anyone else doing well this month?

1. Barbara Kay profile image85
      Barbara Kayposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Congratulations! My earning are always down in February.

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Mine was an all time high, as were my views --which also went past the million total. very encouraging.

2. clivewilliams profile image79
    clivewilliamsposted 2 months ago

Congrats to you. Am still counting peanuts.

1. kmackey32 profile image80
      kmackey32posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, It must be a certain topic I wrote about. I wish all my hubs had lots of traffic but at least I have one good one out of almost 100. Lol

1. clivewilliams profile image79
        clivewilliamsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Well,,,you can never know. My granpapy always said, write, write write write write. May God bless his miserable old soul.

3. Azure11 profile image88
    Azure11posted 2 months ago

I have had a resurgence of a hub that used to do really well on another account in the last couple of weeks.

4. simplehappylife profile image88
    simplehappylifeposted 2 months ago

LOL Clive smile  I'm new on HubPages, so I haven't reached "pay-out" yet.  I've been wondering how that works?  Do they automatically pay out once you've hit the threshold or do I need to somehow request a pay-out?

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 2 months ago in reply to this

All automatic, put into your paypal account.

1. simplehappylife profile image88
        simplehappylifeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

That's awesome smile  Thanks So Much Dan smile

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
          Jean Bakulaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I've done about 4 times as well with any hub that moved to a niche site, so am grateful. I didn't expect to do well in December, but during the Christmas/Holiday month, I did the best ever. Now in January, I got about half of what I was getting used to expecting. Winter used to see heavy traffic. It was after a lot of hubs moved that I did so well, so I wonder if after a few months the payment dips again. I'll see what my February stats tell me. And I am working on old hubs. I tend to forget about them. Some have good bones, they just need a little fixing up and better pictures. They like one full length picture at the top. Three aren't required anymore.

I also have a lot of articles I had on other sites, including my own. So I plan to move them all here. Be careful with spelling and proofreading. The administration is using the APA capitalizing style in Titles, but I learned the MLA way in HS & College English, during the 1970s, and bet many of you did too.

It's a quick fix, but by the time it gets re-entered for the niche site, a whole week can pass before they check it again and it's moved. It seems to me if the moderator is already in our hub, they should be able to uncapitalize a word in the Title or add a comma, instead of making the hub go through the whole process again. So it's hard to get 2 hubs through in month, as promised.

They also have balked at a period in my profile, and wanted a colon instead of a comma somewhere in a Title, something rare. It's all petty stuff, and I've been writing acceptable pieces all my life using the Capitalization style I was taught. I think it's silly. Either system is acceptable in the rest of the country. I can understand the staff wants continuity, but not to the point of over correcting Titles and Capital letters that aren't wrong, but are a style chosen by the staff. I still think they should fix them while they are moderating, so as not to have to go through the whole process again. Both styles are correct, it's a style choice they want. It's overkill, when we also see hubs written in English that can't even be understood. I think the staff goes overboard on everything.

working