jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Ads disabled

1. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago

I've been advised that my article about killers who kill again
    http://hubpages.com/politics/Killers-Who-Kill-Again
    offends the delicate sensibilities of the Google bot that determines content that is unsuitable for advertisers.
    I have zero knowledge about what puts the hearts aflutter at the big G and sends them reaching for the smelling salts. I would appreciate the advice of those steeped in Google lore so I can the ads back and earn, in 24 months, enough for a cup of coffee.

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I have a page concerning the reasons that people commit murder. It had ads briefly but not for the last 3 years. I have never tried to rid it of words that might upset Google. I just wrote it out of interest.

2. Nell Rose profile image91
      Nell Roseposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I think its as much as the fact that the word serial killers or whatever don't really produce good adverts. like say, 'buy a good killer, get one free'! and so on! no adverts fit into the wording! lol!

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

Per Google

"We value diversity and respect for others, and we strive to avoid offending users with ads, websites, or apps that are inappropriate for our ad network.
    For this reason, we don't allow the promotion of any of the following:

hatred; violence; harassment; racism; sexual, religious, or political intolerance, or organizations with such views
    content that's likely to shock or disgust
    content that's exploitative or appears to unfairly capitalize at the expense of others
    Examples of inappropriate or offensive content: bullying or intimidation of an individual or group, racial discrimination, hate group paraphernalia, graphic crime scene or accident images, cruelty to animals, ***murder****, self-harm, extortion or blackmail, sale or trade of endangered species, ads using profane language"

3. Rupert Taylor profile image96
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago

Odd as I've written several Hubs about notorious and not so notorious murders that have been put on niche sites. Perhaps, I should keep quiet about that.

working