jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Choosing An Engagement Ring

1. Stephanie Chavez profile image75
    Stephanie Chavezposted 5 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give specific feedback on my Hub Choosing An Engagement Ring (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi,

A few things I picked up...

Overdoing the exclamation points. Three in the first paragraph! There aren't many instances where they are necessary in an informative article. Placing them together with question marks is incorrect and looks unprofessional.

Your introduction doesn't mention engagement rings. Make sure the topic of the hub is made clear in the intro. Tell people what they are going to read in the rest of the article.

Put your subheadings in Title Case, not in all upper case.

Split your text into separate capsules and use numbered subheadings rather than the format you have now.

Include more images of engagement rings and make sure you accredit each image. They must be legal to use. The image of that table looks copyrighted and it isn't very good quality. That alone might prevent your hub being featured.

You have a lovely chatty style of writing, but don't go too overboard with it. Don't let it take over.

Hope that helps.

1. Stephanie Chavez profile image75
        Stephanie Chavezposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Those are very helpful tips. I will give those edits a try. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me! Much appreciated.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You're welcome.

I should have said - using properly formatted sub-headings gives you the opportunity to include extra keyword phrases that can be picked up by search engines. For example: "Custom-made Engagement Rings". Make your subheadings count - no-one is looking for "Budget. Budget. Budget." They might, however, be looking for "Cost of an Engagement Ring". It might seem boring but search engine traffic is what you want.

working