jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: String Attack! The Rhythms of Jazz Guitar

1. Sumit273 profile image60
    Sumit273posted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub String Attack! The Rhythms of Jazz Guitar (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hello,

There are several issues with your article.

The title should be simply "The Rhythms of Jazz Guitar". Get rid of the "String Attack!" - no-one is searching for that.

You're writing about jazz guitar, so only write about that. No need to reference other genres at all. You have enough material without bringing in irrelevant fluff.

Decide what you are writing about and who you are writing it for. Who is going to be searching for your article. What level of proficiency will they be at? Beginner? Intermediate? Advanced? Write for one of them, not for all.

What kind of article are you writing? Instructional? Informative? Historical? You are making your hub too general and then it is of no use to anyone. Go niche. Explain how to get started. Or tell us about the history of jazz guitar. Or famous jazz guitarists. Don't try to get it all into one article - the topic is too huge.

Your original title - visible in the URL was "Playing the Chords of Harmony" - what was that going to be about? Were you giving advice on playing jazz guitar? Don't give up on that idea.

Can you see that you could write many articles in this niche? Use your experience and knowledge in the field to help others.

Good luck.

Sumit273posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi Bev,

Thanks a lot for your feedback! It was precious. I was kind of confused how the article shaped up. It's important to get feedback and work on it. Thank you again. I will make it better.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Yes, and your confusion was reflected in the hub. You could make this niche your own. I look forward to reading all your new jazz articles.

Sure, I will rewrite it keeping in mind the pointers you mentioned. I have read quite a few of your hubs, and they are amazing! I have a lot to learn. Good that I got a roadmap.

2. chasmac profile image97
    chasmacposted 3 months ago

Nicely written, but you still have a few typos, e.g., Path (Pat) Metheny

But there's a potential problem with the title, specifically the word 'rhythms'. I took it literally, but you've used it figuratively. If someone types "rhythms of jazz guitar" into a search engine, you can be pretty sure they're looking for information on the unique rhythms employed by jazz guitarists, e.g., swing, shuffle, syncopation, etc. Within seconds of landing on your hub, they'll see that it doesn't provide the information they're looking for, click the back button and go elsewhere. HubPages wants to avoid that happening as it reflects badly on them in the eyes of search engines.

Hi Chasmac,

Thanks for the valuable feedback. Yes, I missed some typos that I should not have. I am already working on to rewrite the piece including the Title. Will focus more on the learning jazz guitar aspects. You are also spot on that the Title and the body content may seem misleading to readers. Thanks again for taking out time.

working