hub

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 156 discussions (281 posts)
  1. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60
    DavidSimmons1776posted 7 years ago

I got this message-
    Please review the moderator set alerts below, and correct any problems they identify if possible.

Unrelated Links or Products

Substandard

Deceptive Title, Deceptive Capsule Use, or Miscategorized

This Hub has been submitted for publication, and will be published once it has been reviewed by the administrator-
    will you help

2. Marisa Wright profile image87
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

If you look at the email there should be a special link which you can use to post on the forums.  Without that link, we can't see your Hub to help you.

3. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

here is a link-http://hubpages.com/entertainment/riddles79087987

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Can't see it. You should have a message with a link you can click on and it will automatically post here.

4. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

what message

5. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

is anyone going to help

Probably in that message you quoted above. See if they've included a suggestion for you to post in the forum. If you look at the threads here, you'll see some that say, "I'd like feedback on my hub...." they are automatically generated by clicking a link. I can't be 100% sure - I've never had one.

6. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

It says I cannt do that right now

7. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

are you people are to help?

8. mariacolomy profile image80
    mariacolomyposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry, I don't think anyone understands the question.

9. firstcookbooklady profile image85
    firstcookbookladyposted 7 years ago

The hub is no longer published, David Simmons. Try again later.

10. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

okay how do I get adsense up

11. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 years ago

You can't plug into AdSense until you've got at least five featured hubs published. "You people" is us, fellow Hubbers, not employees, who volunteer to assist newcomers. None of us get paid for this nor do we have any influence over HubPages decisions, except to flag obviously unsuitable articles for removal, but the decision is up to admin.

12. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

could you guys comment on my hubs

1. SmartAndFun profile image94
      SmartAndFunposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your profile page says you have zero hubs.

Find the email that HubPages sent you to tell you your hub was substandard. In that email, there's a link to use to post in the forum for help. Click on that link and follow the prompts. It will post a new forum thread with a special link to your unpublished hub. Once you do that, we will be able to access your article to read it and give feedback. This is the only way we will be able to read an unpublished hub.

Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We can only help you if you make an effort first.  Follow the advice in SmartAndFun's post. 

Also, if you've written other Hubs but we can't see them, it may be because they're not Featured.   

- Go to "My Profile"
      - Click on "Edit Profile"
      - Scroll down to the section that says "Show only featured Hubs in my profile"  and change it to "No".
      - Click "Save Changes"

That may let us see your other Hubs if you have any - but it won't let us see the specific Hub you're asking about.

13. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

does that help?

No, unfortunately. Your profile page still says zero hubs.

14. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

so how do I show it?

15. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

here the email I got-
    As you are part of the HubPages community, we want you to succeed, so we want to let you know that your Hub is unpublished because it contains unrelated links or products. If this is the first time you've gotten an email like this, don't worry! You'll have an opportunity to fix it.

Not sure what counts as unrelated? It could be:

- An Amazon product that is not related to your Hub's subject, or is not explicitly referred to in the text of your Hub. If you are using keywords for your Amazon capsules, make sure that the resulting products are what you mention in the text of your Hub.
    - Links to other Hubs (your own included) that are not related to the subject addressed in your Hub.
    - Links to sites (personal blog, social networks, affiliate partners, etc) outside of HubPages that are not related to the subject of your Hub.

Bottom line: all links and products listed in a Hub must be germane to the content of the Hub. For more information, please visit this Learning Center guide: https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … d_22733035

When you have finished editing your Hub to comply with our Terms of Use, please click the "Submit for Publication" button. We will then review your Hub and publish it if it is no longer in violation. Please note that repeated violations will result in the banning of your account. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with our Terms of Use and our Learning Center before publishing again:

http://hubpages.com/help/user_agreement
    https://hubpageshelp.com/standards/Lear … d_22733035

16. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

is anyone going to answer

That's not the first email you mentioned. Post the one you mentioned at the start of the thread - the one that says:

Substandard

We are doing our best here to help you. It would be nice if you were a little more polite and appreciative of our efforts.

17. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

first I've been very polite-and it wasn't a traditional email it's in the hub-here it is again-edit
    stats
    delete
    submit to a HubPages Network Site

Please address the moderator set alerts below before submitting this Hub for publication.

Substandard

This Hub needs to be revised before it can be published.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Ah, OK, that's why we're misunderstanding.  We assumed you'd received an email, but it sounds as though the Hub is breaking some fundamental rules so it can't even get that far.

I suggest you go to my profile, look on the slider and read my  Hub on "The Basic HubPages Rules".  Then study it carefully.   Those are the rules you must obey, if you want your Hub to be published.

18. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

question about Duplicate Content -if I retell things is that okay

If you mean simply paraphrasing something that is already published somewhere else, then no that is not okay. Your Hubs should be your own original work.

19. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

that's not exackly what I mean

I'm sorry, David, but you'll need to explain more than that.

Can I ask, are you a writer?  Forgive me saying so, but I'm not getting a sense that you are good at expressing yourself in words.   

HubPages is a place where people write long, informative articles on subjects, based on their knowledge or research.  To be successful on HubPages, you don't need to be a professional writer but you do need to be able to express your ideas clearly, so you do need good writing skills.

20. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

I'm not professional-however I've done it off and on for a number of years-If for example I tell a riddle

21. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

I mean if I tell a riddle is that allowed? since it's clearly in writing somewhere else

22. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

yes I looked at that --however I'm wondering if I could get a straight answer?

You cannot use other people's work except for reference. You cannot rewrite it, or copy and paste it.

A hub should inform or entertain. The writing should be of a good standard: original work, expressed well and punctuated correctly. A good hub is at least 800 words long, and preferably longer. The title should reflect the content accurately.

There should be no self-promotion, and it shouldn't link to dubious websites or contain too many Amazon capsules.

If you read those links I gave you properly, all your questions are answered there and you'll learn a lot in the process. We can only help you up to a point - a good writer will spend time on research.

Does that help?

23. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

okay it seems we're having a break down in communication let me put it this way here's a paragraph I wrote is it okay- I heard this one a few years ago and don't entirely agree with the reasoning behind it however here it is-a man is driving a cross a bridge the total weight of the truck he's driving is 13,000 pounds and the can only hold 13,000 pounds so he's at the limit if a bird lands on his truck a half mile in the trip will the bridge break -answer no it won't -reasoning well the reasoning I thought about is that is that the bird is in the air so he doesn't affect the truck -however the reasoning behind it is that if the the man already drove half a mile he used enough gas for the bird to fit

1. galleryofgrace profile image72
      galleryofgraceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That paragraph is totally devoid of grammar and punctuation. It would never be approved.
      How could you possibly make this riddle a 700-800 word article?

24. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

if say I use 4 or 5 riddles like that is it enough long?

25. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

long enough I should say

26. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 7 years ago

But, the grammar, punctuation, and spelling problems remain.

27. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

wow you people sure  function as a unit one of you continues were the other one left off -what if fixed these other little things

That's because the advice is standard across HubPages. Are you going to keep asking the same question until you get the answer you want?

Your riddle is copied from another webpage. http://www.brainboggled.com/a-large-tru … ridge.html Therefore it is duplicated, plagiarised content and will never be approved.

Passing someone else's work off as your own is illegal.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
      Rupert Taylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We offer similar advice because we are all accomplished writers; if you don't want to listen to it then don't ask for it. Bev and Marisa have given you some excellent pointers. Grammar, spelling, and punctuation mistakes  are not "little things" in our craft; they go to the core of your credibility as a writer. Sorry, but from the way you conduct yourself in this thread suggests to me you are not right for HubPages.

3. psycheskinner profile image84
      psycheskinnerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We function as one unit because we are telling you the truth, which is the same for everyone.

I suspect Hubpages is not the forum for you because it requires technically correct language and the ability to decipher and follow the somewhat complex rules.  We are happy to help you understand those rules but this process does not seem to be working for you.

28. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

listen to me very carefully I heard the riddle in real life so it's not plagiarized -it's just an accident it's on that other page and I did try to put my own spin on it by disagreeing with the reasoning

Of course it's plagiarised - whether you heard it or read it.

http://www.plagiarism.org/plagiarism-10 … lagiarism/

29. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

okay I see your point-what if I told a personal story

30. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

there's one thing I don't understand this blog is less then 800 words  http://hubpages.com/politics/answer/275 … ng-country how did they get away with it-

That's not a hub - it's in the Q&A section of the site.

Personal stories are fine as long as you put them into the correct category - which depends on what it's about.

HubPages is not a blogging site so your story has to be able to work as a standalone article. For example, "My Fight to Overcome Depression".

As raggededge said, that is not a blog.  It's not a Hub, either.   It's in the Question and Answer section of the site.

If you'd like to take part in that part of the site, you won't have to meet such stringent standards - but you won't earn money there, either.

But to be brutally honest, if you are struggling to write 400 original words, then you're never going to write the number of Hubs you need to make any money at all.

31. SmartAndFun profile image94
    SmartAndFunposted 7 years ago

David, check out this article for an example of one that passed the quality assessment process. It doesn't tell riddles, but it is similar -- it offers the reader math word problems. https://owlcation.com/stem/Word-Problems-About-Fishing

Study how this article is set up. It has excellent punctuation and grammar, there are no run-on sentences, it is broken up into small paragraphs of one, two or three sentences, and subheads are used generously. It lays out each word problem separately and clearly. Also, note that the word problems all have a common theme -- fish or fishing. Illustrations add so much to an article as well, but keep in mind that they must be your own illustrations or photos, or you must have a legal right to use them, and then cite the source.

At HubPages, it is up to the author not just to write out what they want to say, but to do so in a way that is attractive and easy to read. HP authors don't just type in their words -- they also arrange the page layout. Walls of text with no subheads, paragraphs or punctuation give the reader reason to close the page -- in fact, you are just about guaranteed that no one wants to read a wall of text that has no paragraphs or punctuation.

And of course, the words must be your own. No copy-pasting.

edit: also note that the article has a short introduction. It doesn't simply launch into the first word problem.

Hope this helps.

32. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

well I did have the problem that my last writing group didn't act as one -the first person would have one idea and then the second person another concept and so on-so maybe I just need to get used to following rules-anyway i''ve started a hub about prime numbers is that original enough

33. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

I'm up to about 400 original words is that pretty good

It needs to be longer, preferably.
      Read this: https://hubpageshelp.com/content/Learni … tellar-Hub

34. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

it would be very nice to get a reply to that last comment

1. greenmind profile image94
      greenmindposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi -- 400 words is too short. You won't get much traffic or readers if it's less than 1000.

35. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

I post somethingna it says its a duplicate

Where did you get the information for your hub from?

36. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

wow that shows a lack of trust-I wrote it myself

By asking you where you got the information, I mean where's the source, not that you copied it. If it just came out of your head, it cannot be duplicate material unless it is very generic and well-known.

Okay, so have you published it before?

Copy and paste a section here - a paragraph will do.

37. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

it just come out of my head and yes I've published it before here -the first paragraph or so-The Devil's Dare

A Creepypasta Based On The Devil Game, by InfernalNightmare333

The classroom bell rang and a horde of students washed out into the halls like a school of fish

swimming upstream to their final resting grounds. Amongst the stampede, a smaller boy fought his way

through the crowd to reach his locker. He slowed as he noted the popular group of kids standing in front

of it yet again. With a deep sigh, he stopped in front of them and quietly asked if he could get through.

This text appears on Wattpad:

https://www.wattpad.com/219482638-wolf- … mgladiator

That's why you got the duplicate content message. It's either someone else's work (plagiarism), or it's your own. In either case, you can't reproduce it on HubPages.

38. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

that doesn't look like the same thing

39. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

what about a new story?

40. Michael Kismet profile image90
    Michael Kismetposted 7 years ago

I really must applaud the efforts of my fellow Hubbers, bending over backwards, investing their time to try and help someone who is clearly intent on cutting corners. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but after getting my content copied so many times, I've adopted a zero tolerance policy when it involves plagiarism.

Only a small minority have any measurable degree of success writing on Hubpages, let alone the entire internet. Welcome to the majority, David. You do not strike as a person who is ready to invest the substantial amount of time it takes to churn out original work.

But, I could be wrong, thus, I dare you to prove me wrong!

Yeah, I'm done here. Everyone (including me) is bending over backwards trying to politely help this guy, and he is not hearing a word we're saying. I don't know if he is trolling for laughs, or not willing to put in the work, or simply unable to comprehend the situation, but here we are on page 4 of this thread and zero progress has been made on his part.

One last try (futile, I'm sure):

David, you can't copy-paste here. You also cannot publish your original material here unless it has never been published online before, or unless you first remove it from all other online spaces. Shoot for a magazine article when writing here; produce articles which are in-depth, entertaining and/or informative. Read all material in the Learning Center before proceeding with more forum questions or more attempts at writing here.

41. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

so you wrote that?

How did that word-for-word story come out of your head? Your one and only excuse can be that you wrote it originally. From your response, it appears you didn't.

This is not the place for you. In all likelihood you will be banned soon if a mod reads this thread. You cannot steal work from others.

I've tried to help you but you obviously can't, or don't want to, help yourself.

I'm done here.

42. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

yes I wrote that

43. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

when I said so "you wrote it that?" was a question in case you didn't notice the question mark

44. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

I mean the "so you wrote that?" quote

45. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

According to his profile, the guy who started this thread joined HubPages two years ago.

If he hasn't figured out the basics of how this site works in all that time, then he's not going to.

Either that, or it's a troll account and this entire thread is a prank.

1. greenmind profile image94
      greenmindposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yeah I smell a troll. But I'm still entertained.

2. NateB11 profile image89
      NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, seems like a joke to me. Well, it's the funniest thread I've ever read, I know that.

1. makingamark profile image70
        makingamarkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I was thinking troll about half way through prior to getting to that comment. I've seen similar many times before.

46. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

no see I sighed up 2 years ago but I've been gone for over a year

47. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

okay here's my  hub do my like it -http://hubpages.com/holidays/scarystories

48. DavidSimmons1776 profile image60

I mean do you like it?

One last time - we can't see it, so we can't tell you. 

If you're too lazy to spend some time learning how to use HubPages, you will never be successful here, so I suggest giving up now.  You've been offered plenty of advice and there is a whole Learning Center on this site to help you.   I have several Hubs about Hubbing on my profile which you could read, for a start.

Being a writer on HubPages requires more than just being able to write.  You have to be prepared to learn how the site works. If you're not prepared to do that, then stop wasting your time asking questions.

1. Rupert Taylor profile image95
        Rupert Taylorposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Marisa. Bless you for trying to help, but it's time to give up on this guy.

49. firstcookbooklady profile image85
    firstcookbookladyposted 7 years ago

Upon reading the comments, and asking the question - 'Is this guy, David, for real, or is he a clever troll' - he sounds like a troll, writes like a troll, HE is a TROLL. Ahahhh!!! He's getting everyone's GOAT, that's for sure....

50. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13402333.jpg

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)