jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Changing my last name...

1. lovebuglena profile image91
    lovebuglenaposted 5 months ago

I recently got married and have taken my husband's last name. I've already updated my name on my social security card.  Does that mean I have to update my last name on my AdSense, PayPal, and HubPages accounts and resubmit my w9 with my new last name to HubPages and AdSense? If yes, what order do I do it in? Also, I want my author name on HubPages to remain as it is now so where would I change my name in my HubPages account so that my author name remains as is.

1. DzyMsLizzy profile image92
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

That's a good question.  I don't know the answer, but I'm thinking you *might* have to change it on PayPal, but not necessarily here.  But as I said, I don't really know.

I've had a question myself, about ownership of the individual posts.  I'm getting up in years, so I wonder, what happens when I die?  Do my posts remain, and any income pay to my estate?  Or do they all get taken down? Or can my family be paid from residuals?  (None of my family are writers, so there would be no new posts.)

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Don't even go there DzyMsLizzy. But if it helps you ease your mind, there was a recent demise and one of the hubbers daughters took over the account and also began publishing posts if I am not wrong. So, I don't see why it can't be the same with other hubbers accounts. They need not have to be active users once handed down. But the site and the world would lose some amazing content if they are just taken down.

P.S: With regards to the original question. I think you should change it at Adsense in case you are getting paid via cheque. But only do this if you change the name on your bank account. At least that's how it would be done where I live.

1. Venkatachari M profile image82
          Venkatachari Mposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Yes, it depends upon your changing the name on your bank account. So, if you change your Bank account name, then, you need to change it at Adsense also. Otherwise not necessary.
          Regarding the point raised by Dzy, the procedure will be the same as applies to your property and other assets. You must be transferring them to an heir. The payments from Adsense can be claimed by the heir through your Bank account. But, they should know your passwords and other information for doing the same so that they can draw the amount and maintain or close your HP account. This is what I think and believe.

2. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 5 months ago in reply to this

if your adsense and paypal account are linked to your credit card or bank account and your last name had been changed, you have to resubmit the important documents to them.

That is what I think

working