jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Wretched and gruesome spelling error in edited Hub.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image85
    Jesse Drzalposted 3 months ago

Was just browsing one of my articles recently edited for a network site, and stumbled upon the spelling of "for" as "cor" in one of the headings. Talk about an ugly little bugger..stuck out like a sore thumb! Just weird because I did read the new edit and really don't remember seeing that. Fixed it but just want to make the community aware. Anyone find mistakes after an edit?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Oh yes..and I go back and correct every one of them.  Some are quite blatant and many actually make corrections for items that did not need to be corrected....in short, they created a problem where none existed.

They're good about allowing corrections, though, but it's a good idea to always check hubs after editing.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image85

Interesting T2 and thank you for the input. Just strange because even before network and niche, I always went over everything with proofreading and grammar apps. All of my edits have been pretty minimal, some were brought over with no edits at all. What was edited I read over again.  It would be a good idea for everyone to pay close attention to it..because that would look really bad to someone reading bad spelling errors with hubs on niche sites. Perhaps Google would frown upon it as well in rankings?

3. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 months ago

Hi Jesse, I don't see any edits done on your Hubs.  Would you mind providing the link?  It's important to us that we see our mistakes so that they don't happen again!

4. Jesse Drzal profile image85

Hello, Robin thank you for the reply. I have had a total of 3 articles that were Hub pro, the green icons are still up in my account page and the changes made are still visible. I did correct it myself last night, but here is the article in question. Thanks.

5. Jesse Drzal profile image85
  6. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 3 months ago

Got it!  Thanks.  It was a typo when the editor was changing the capitalization error in the subtitle to APA format.  I will make sure the editor knows.  This is a perfect example that this process is about working together, and we appreciate that you are active on your article and making necessary changes.  We of course aren't perfect and try our best to not make careless errors, but it does happen from time to time.  smile

7. Jesse Drzal profile image85

Thank Robin! Glad I was able to help. Everyone makes a mistake from time to time..I can't even imagine the scope of the editors work to be honest. It's great you and the other staff are so involved with the health of the site. Keep up the good work you guys are doing a great job. The new niche sites are amazing and I'm glad they are doing well. I am inspired to contribute more. Thank you again.

working