jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (20 posts)

Essay after Essay after Essay in my Feed

1. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago

I just noticed that I'm seeing a long, long list of Hubs in my feed, all in the topic "Essays".   I'm not conscious of ever having chosen to follow that topic.  However I can't remember how to check what topics I've followed.  Can someone remind me please?

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I haven't seen the 'feed' in years, so don't ask me.

2. sallybea profile image98
      sallybeaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I think that if you go to activity at the top of the stats page you can follow the link, sign in and change those items which you follow.

3. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 3 months ago in reply to this

The feed filters is linked at the top right of the feed. But, the topics followed are found at the 'My Account Page'. It is at the header Following. There are headers at that for Topics, Hubs, Hubbers, and etc.

4. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Marisa and Sally Bea, I have just seen it like this.
      When you click the following button on statistics page, it shows a list of topics you follow. There are other buttons there to view the Hubbers you follow, hubs you follow, questions and forums you follow, etc. And, if you want to change the settings, clicking on the notification settings prompts you to sign in with one of your security questions. Then you are directed to the settings page. There you can change your settings from there.
      It seems Marisa might have opted to follow the "essays" topic unknowingly.

2. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 3 months ago

I just looked at my feed, so cute smile All forum threads. Maybe Marisa, just click on the Essays group and look for an unfollow button? Just like how it is on Hubs and Forum threads. Unless someone knows better.

3. UnnamedHarald profile image94
    UnnamedHaraldposted 3 months ago

My Account > Following tab

This will show you various things you follow (Topics, Hubs, Hubbers, Questions, Forums, Your Notifications).

Example: click on Topics You Follow and then you can Unfollow individual Topics.

Hope this helps.

4. Marisa Wright profile image94

Thanks everyone!   I've just checked and in fact I follow only one topic - Dance.  So that's not the explanation. 

Actually I just took another more careful look, and they are all by the same person.   Who is someone I've never heard of and am not following.  Go figure.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84

Did you check it from the Hubbers list that you do not follow that person?

5. Marisa Wright profile image94

Yes, I did

Then, HP should address this issue.

6. Janda Raker profile image83
    Janda Rakerposted 3 months ago

This has been a most interesting discussion. As a relative newbie, I had not checked out all those tabs at the top. Following this conversation, I've now checked them out and see the logic to the arrangement of all that. So now if I want to go back to a discussion that I've previously looked at, I can find it quickly. Very helpful. So now I need to get to writing, post more than my paltry little pair of travel articles, so I can be the TOPIC of discussion! :-)

You are welcome, Janda.

7. SmartAndFun profile image90
    SmartAndFunposted 3 months ago

I wonder if it is time for HP to ditch the feed. I get the feeling that these days, they put anything and everything in everyone's feed, regardless of what topics or writers we might follow, because there are so few new hubs being published and so few active forum threads.

Just a thought. Personally, I don't use the HP feed.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 3 months ago in reply to this

That's true. But my feed is full of forum threads that I am a part of. I'm sure Marisa is active in the same number if not more threads, so imo it's a bug. But I would say the feed is a feature that could go (especially if they are spending time on its maintenance).

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
      Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I don't see it that way at all. We have complete control over what goes into our feed. Have you opened up your Feed Filters and carefully checked off or unchecked each item to suit your own interests? I've discovered that some filters are tricky, like the one I mentioned to Marisa, so consider each one carefully.

Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I wouldn't like to see the feed go.  I use it all the time, and this is the first time I've seen this strange behaviour.

1. Glenn Stok profile image97
          Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago in reply to this

What about my prior suggestion?

Marisa Wrightposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Already checked

8. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 3 months ago

Marisa, if it's not someone you're following and not a topic you're following then maybe it's triggered by some arrangement of items in your Feed Filter, such as hubs created answering questions you may have once answered.

working