jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Just signed up for HubPages Earnings

1. Alberto Pupo profile image79
    Alberto Pupoposted 5 months ago

Hello,
    So I started a Hub Pages this week and I already have three hubs I have done and published.  Now  I enrolled only in the Hub Pages Earnings Program and none of the others. Do I need a Google Ad Sense as well or can I just stick with the Hub Pages Earnings Program and if so where can I see updated reports for that program?

Thank you.

2. simplehappylife profile image81
    simplehappylifeposted 5 months ago

As far as I am aware, you need a google ad sense account for the entire ad program to work. 

So, you will need to enroll in the hp earnings program (which you did).  Then click on the google adsense area in your account and if I remember correctly, it will take you to adsense to get started.  A good rule of thumb (to be approved by google adsense) is to have at least 10 quality hubs written.  You can apply as often as you want, but you must have an adequate amount of quality content in order to be approved.  Once you're adsense application is finally approved, you'll be able to activate all of your earning potential in the account earnings section of your hubpages account. 

Hope that helps smile

1. Alberto Pupo profile image79
      Alberto Pupoposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thank you for the response I appreciate it. However, I am confused because they don't make it clear that you must have Adsense. For example when I read the FAQ it it said that you can immediately enroll in the Hub earnings program but it said that Google Ad Sense was not necessary for that program? At least that is what I understood at first, but thank you for your  response., because if Ad Sense is necessary to activate all your earnings then it needs to be made clearer in my opinion.

1. simplehappylife profile image81
        simplehappylifeposted 5 months ago in reply to this

You're Welcome smile 

I see what you mean.  Apparently, this has been a question for quite some time (check out this forum question from years ago http://hubpages.com/community/forum/113 … se-account).  When I joined, I just went ahead and did the whole shabang.  It might be worth your trouble to do the whole thing (with ad sense).  I wish I had a better answer.  When searching for answers, I'm only finding more questions sad  Maybe one of our veteran hubbers can jump in on this discussion, and clear this up  smile

3. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 months ago

As far as I'm aware, part of opening the Hubpages Ad Program required people to have an active Adsense account (something to do with conflict of interest if people could have either/or).

Don't stress too much - I think I made about $7 in my first 6 months smile Adsense can take a few tries to get into. Generally it's recommended you have at least 10-20 high quality hubs first.

4. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 months ago

You definitely need Adsense.

The wording is ambiguous and they need to fix it.

You can SIGN UP for the HP Earnings Program without having an Adsense account. However that will enable you to use Amazon capsules and nothing else.  You can't earn from the HP Ads program until you have Adsense.

working