jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why has advertising been disabled?

1. DaisyChain profile image87
    DaisyChainposted 5 months ago

Anyone know why advertising has been disabled on this article? Many thanks in advance. http://hubpages.com/entertainment/Anna- … -The-Opera

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi DaisyChain! smile

Click on edit button of this article and check display options on the right side. Under display, check if the button against Ads is on or off. Is this happening for this particular hub only?

I hope this helps.

2. DaisyChain profile image87
    DaisyChainposted 5 months ago

Hi and thanks Sakina. Just checked that and ads are on. They've disabled one or two articles about Sweet Lolita fashions - I expect it is the word 'Lolita' (how would you write a book review or life of the Author of this acclaimed book). I did think it might be that Anna Nicole Smith led a life dogged by abuse and sex scandal - but then so many famous people did. Looking through replies to other posts re disabled ads, people seem to think the word suicide might be a problem. Again, so many famous people ended their own lives, how can you write their autobiographies. This artlicle is not about sex, or drug abuse or suicide - it's about an opera!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image86
      SakinaNasir53posted 5 months ago in reply to this

I am sorry I don't know much about this Daisy. Why don't you contact the HubPages team about this?

3. Kim Bryan profile image90
    Kim Bryanposted 5 months ago

Daisy, this happens often with my true crime hubs.  Those seem to trigger the automatic content filters because of certain words which seem to be centered around domestic violence, incest, illegal activities, and the sorts.  I always contact the team and ask if the hub qualify's for an override on the disabled ads.  To date, only one has been denied an override. So definitely email them and ask.

DaisyChainposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Hi Kim. I did contact the once about my Lolita fashion hub and it was lifted, but when I updated it, on came the ban again, so I gave up. This isn't a true crime but more a cross between biography and opera. So you couldn't write about Maralyn monro (suicide), Mae West (sex), Madame Butterfly (suicide and sex), Carmen (sex and violence), most of Shakespear .... and so it goes on through the whole of Western, and I expect Eastern, culture. I'll try some euphamisms and see if that helps. Thank you for your  kind advice.

1. Jodah profile image87
        Jodahposted 5 months ago in reply to this

They will,have a human review a hub manually if you request it and often remove an automated ads ban, however everytime you upgrade or edit that hub the ban will be reinstated. This is very annoying.

DaisyChainposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Jodah. This is what I found so am not bothering with the human. Pity. Will try euphemisms.

2. Kim Bryan profile image90
        Kim Bryanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Yes, any edits will reinstate the ban.  I contact then numerous times on my hubs like that. I just email again and they take care of it right away.

working