jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Day Trips from San Diego: 10 Places So Great You Mi

1. alocsin profile image84
    alocsinposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Day Trips from San Diego: 10 Places So Great You Might Just Move There.

They've again sent me a generic email that there might be something wrong with my hub but they don't give any specific details. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I counted at least six links that go to movoto.com, so it's probably tripping a spam filter big time. There are a lot of links in the article that aren't necessary or really adding anything important, I would pare them down to a few essential ones. Make sure they aren't commercial. For example, the link to the outlet mall is iffy. Plus, is an outlet mall really a tourist attraction?

2. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

On the surface of it, it is a good hub. That's until I started clicking on the links. Um. No. They're commercial and that doesn't work.

3. bravewarrior profile image93
      bravewarriorposted 9 days ago in reply to this

Tried the link, but the page no longer exists.

2. Blond Logic profile image90
    Blond Logicposted 5 weeks ago

I see far too many links. You just need to tell your reader which places to visit, if they are interested they can find more information themselves. If you want to make money from this post with an affiliate link, then put one or maybe two acceptable ones.

3. theraggededge profile image94
    theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago

What they said.

Also your grammar is not so good. This is the opening sentence:

"Anaheim keeps gives kids to grandparents plenty to do."

What does that mean?

It looks to me as you have copied and pasted from Movoto, from an article by a writer called Alan Woods. Is that you? If yes, then you need to know that you can't post duplicate content at HubPages. If no, then you are guilty of plagiarism, which could get your account banned.

4. alocsin profile image84
    alocsinposted 5 weeks ago

Sorry, guys, I'm really embarrassed and thanks to theraggededge for spotting it.

I thought that this article was one that movoto had rejected and so I was free to publish it anywhere.

It turned out, this article had been published and I shouldn't have put it here.

I've obviously pulled it.

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Oh well, at least it was your own. We've all made mistakes and that is an easy one to make.

I'm sure you can find an even better topic to write about next time.

1. alocsin profile image84
        alocsinposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm just glad you caught it right away.  Otherwise, I would've gotten flak from both movoto (who paid a lot for it, if I recall) and HubPages.  I'll dig into my topic list to see what needs writing.

working