jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How Do You Know When Your Child Needs Help at Schoo

1. Jacinta Jacobs profile image60
    Jacinta Jacobsposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub
    I have written and rewritten this article and cannot figure out what I have done wrong?
    Thanks.
    How Do You Know When Your Child Needs Help at School? (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. kasiaeliza profile image82
      kasiaelizaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

This is your photos? Maybe take a source or an author.

1. Jacinta Jacobs profile image60
        Jacinta Jacobsposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi no they are stock photos. I never thought of this!
        Could this be the problem?

1. kasiaeliza profile image82
          kasiaelizaposted 3 months ago in reply to this

You should use own photos or with common rights - try https://pixabay.com/

2. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jacinta,

Your first paragraph shows that there many be some grammar issues:

"There are many reasons why child having academic problems at school might not come to the attention of a parent right away. The key is to determine if the problem is going to be ongoing and from there, find a solution."

Should be 'a child'.
      'going to be ongoing' is very clumsy.

That won't prevent your hub being published but it may prevent it being featured or moved to a niche site. If you are writing about such topics as education, you have to make sure your English is up to a professional standard.

Your reasons aren't reasons, they are symptoms. What might be causing stress and depression?

"a child that is good in calculations" Should be "a child who is good at math".

"can have it’s advantages" Should be "can have its advantages". No apostrophe in the possessive.

There are many more grammatical errors all the way through. Like I said, it has to be perfect. You can try an online grammar checker but that won't pick them all up. Better to have someone who is good at English grammar to go through it for you.

Photos must be legal to use. https://hubpageshelp.com/media/Learning … -image-use

It's a good hub and just needs a few tweaks to get it perfect.

3. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi Jacinta Jacobs! smile Welcome to HubPages.

I agree with theraggededge. But, I would also like to add a few suggestions:

1. Add an appropriate video.

2. The links that you have included might not be letting your hub get featured. Did your hub get unfeatured due to "spammy elements"?

3. Add callout capsules to highlight important points. A table is great for minimising information. Also, a poll increases reader engagement. Use these capsules to beautify your hub.

4. Break your text under bullets and numbering wherever appropriate. On a mobile device, this helps in easier scanning and makes your hub look neater.

5. It is always better to write about topics that you are genuinely passionate about.

I hope this helps. Good luck! smile

2. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 3 months ago

Jacinta, ignore the nasty troll. It's been reported. I'll try to take a look at your hub a little later.

3. Jacinta Jacobs profile image60
    Jacinta Jacobsposted 3 months ago

Hi thanks for letting me know theraggededge. I am new and cannot figure out what the problem could be. I appreciate your time.

working