jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Broadway Musicals Stage to Screen

1. James M Becher profile image56
    James M Becherposted 4 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Broadway Musicals Stage to Screen. I already eliminated a lot of product links.  What else can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. greenmind profile image91
      greenmindposted 4 months ago in reply to this

This is pretty good but there are some spelling issues, like "toney award" instead of "Tony Award." Also some formatting with headlines and etc. Details like these really stand out.

2. Rupert Taylor profile image95
    Rupert Taylorposted 4 months ago

After a very cursory look at this, I'd say there are way too many Amazon promos.

Les Miserables was not an original Broadway production and the central character is Jean Valjean not ValJaun.

I'd get rid of the boldface.

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image84
      SakinaNasir53posted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi James M Becher! smile

I agree with greenmind and Rupert Taylor. Too many amazon products and bold face. Spelling issues need to corrected too. I would also like to add the following points:

1. Add more images. Make sure they are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is good too. But, you need to search for images in the Creative Commons there.

2. Add callout capsules to highlight important points.

3. Include an appropriate video.

4. Remove the link to your other hub. You can just mention that you have written more hub(s) on this topic.

5. It is always best to write about topics that are genuinely passionate about.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

3. James M Becher profile image56
    James M Becherposted 4 months ago

A big thank you to all if you who helped here.   I used some but not all of your suggestions, and it did get featured.   I didn't need to delete any product links probably because they were few enough as it was and I did own all the CDs.  The suggestion about more photos was good and sparked the additional idea of adding songs from YouTube.   The suggestion about callouts was good, but, when I got to thinking about it, I decided a quiz would work better,   So thanks for all the suggestions, even though I didn't use all of them, but did some of them and some others got me thinking of others.   I really do appreciate all the help I get, whether I always say so or not.  Thanks again,

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image84
      SakinaNasir53posted 4 months ago in reply to this

No problem! You're most welcome. Glad to hear that your article has been featured. smile

working