jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Cure a Hangover

1. Aron Mejias MD profile image80
    Aron Mejias MDposted 5 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Cure a Hangover. What can I do to improve? and please feel free to highlight anything wrong.  Thanks for your time and cooperation!
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13411657.jpg

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

You need to fix all your grammatical errors and awkward phrasing.
      "How to cure a hangover is a common speaking topic [common topic of discussion] in today’s society. This topic is so popular that, [no comma] if you ask 50 person [persons or people] how to cure it? [no question mark] Chances [the chances] are that every one of them give [will give] you a different answer ...."

And many more like that - too many to mention.

Aron Mejias MDposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for helping

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Good info - much better than the usual dross we see on this topic.

One of the problems is the title. It's just going to be lost in a trillion other articles with the same name.

I typed 'cure hangover' into a keyword search and got these:

How to cure a hangover fast
      How to get rid of a hangover
      Hangover headache cure
      Hangover remedy

Not only that, you've keyword stuffed 'how to cure a hangover' three times into the intro. That looks spammy.

Clean up the grammar and awkward phrasing by using Grammarly or Hemmingway - free apps on the web.

Hope that helps - this could be a good hub with a little work.

Aron Mejias MDposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks for helping and sharing the Apps/

2. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 5 weeks ago

I'd also question your mention of avoiding acetaminophen for 48 hours. I don't mean medically; you're a doctor - I'm not, and I've never even heard of acetaminophen. But 48 hours? Has any hangover ever lasted 48 hours? That's a mighty hangover! I've had my share of hangovers, but none has ever lasted more than 24 hours. I'd have thought that after 48 hours nothing more need be taken - so no need to mention acetaminophen. I might be wrong of course, and if there are some poor souls whose hangover lasts more than 48 hours, my heart goes out to them.

Also, I agree with theraggededge, you have lots of useful and helpful info in this Hub and it's worth fixing it up to pass the QAP.

1. SheilaMilne profile image88
      SheilaMilneposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Acetaminophen is called paracetamol in the UK and known by the brand name Tylenol in North America. People could well turn to that if they had a hangover.

1. chasmac profile image98
        chasmacposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, Sheila. I didn't know that.

working