jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Separate option for contact by other Hubbers and contact on Hubs

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 weeks ago

While I like the new "Contact the author" button, some people are being absolutely bombarded with questions as a result. 

They are considering turning off the ability for others to contact them, because it is too much to handle.  However, currently that would mean no one could contact them, not even other hubbers. 

Could we have a separate option to turn off the "Contact the Author" feature if we choose?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

+1 or possibly make it so the button can be viewed only by logged in users if preferred?

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
        Venkatachari Mposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

That would be better. Logged in users only visible button.
        Others may comment in the comment section and if the commenting person seems genuinely interested in the subject, then, the button could be enabled visible to those genuine persons also at the will of the author.

1. lobobrandon profile image82
          lobobrandonposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

And how do you intend to determine who is "genuine"?

1. Venkatachari M profile image83
            Venkatachari Mposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Why? If they are not giving spammy comments targeting you or selling their things!!!
            Genuine viewers provide comments related to the topic expressing their review or appreciation and doubts if any related to it.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image89
    Jesse Drzalposted 5 weeks ago

I personally would rather not have it.

3. lobobrandon profile image82
    lobobrandonposted 5 weeks ago

Yes, that would be useful.

4. simplehappylife profile image87
    simplehappylifeposted 5 weeks ago

Very Useful smile

5. Terrielynn1 profile image82
    Terrielynn1posted 5 weeks ago

I like the idea of a separate button. There has been a bit of spam type posts lately. I would want it so only signed in Hubers can use it, not those who only comment and don't contribute to hubs can't.

working