jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The History of PTSD

1. lifelovemystery profile image85
    lifelovemysteryposted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. I have edited this hub several times, but it is not featured. I would greatly appreciate you feedback. The History of PTSD. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 3 months ago in reply to this

Hi lifelovemystery! smile

I would like to suggest these points:

1. Make sure your images are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use for free images. Flickr is good too. But, you need to search images under Creative Commons there.

2. I think so many links might not be letting your hub get featured. Do you get the email saying your hub is unfeatured due to "spammy elements"?

I hope this helps. Good luck!

lifelovemysteryposted 3 months ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for taking the time to review my Hub. I appreciate your feedback!

2. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 3 months ago

It's well written but a couple of points need clarifying:

You've used the acronym PTSD, which means post traumatic stress disorder but called it post traumatic stress syndrome - same thing of course, but make the term match the abbreviation.

You provide good historical examples, such as the Siege of Gibraltar, but then you mention 'the civil war' assuming we know which civil war you mean. The Spanish civil war? the English? The American civil war?

"The videos are some of the earliest digital evidence of the conditions men suffered from PTSD." - Drop the word 'digital'. Digital video is far more recent.

You have a paragraph about PTSD symptoms in the 21st century followed by one about the 18th century. As it's a history, the earlier one should come first.

You start with a global historical perspective as would be expected of an article with the given title, but then halfway through, you slip into an American perspective without making it clear that the rest of the article will be about American veterans and their lack of government support. At that point it stops being an article about the history of PTSD.

lifelovemysteryposted 3 months ago in reply to this

chasmac, one million THANK YOUS!!! I appreciate your feedback. I have edited this particular hub so much, that I lost sight of some of the detail. Again, thank you so much!

working