jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Stats for Niche Sites

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 4 weeks ago

Interesting to note that traffic to niche sites now represents 84 percent of my total views.  About half of my hubs have now been moved.  I think HubPages got it spot on when they made the decision to move to niche sites. Has this been your experience?

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image84
      SakinaNasir53posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Sally! smile
      Absolutely! When I joined here newly, I had written a few hubs which were just featured. But, the views were minimal. After I learnt how to make better hubs, they were moved to niche sites. I have been having most of my traffic due to the niche sites only. I feel HubPages made the best decision by moving to niche sites.

sallybeaposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi, SakinaNasir53 Good to hear that your experience has been a good one.  I think you joined at just about the right time. At least you are not having to go back to update older hubs:)

Haha! I think so too. But, I have to edit 1 or 2. I edited an old one yesterday. smile My first hubs weren't that great in layout.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
      psycheskinnerposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Is it, however, possible that those hubs were always getting most of your traffic--because they choose to move you most successful hubs?

Not really. Honestly, I just had traffic when my family or friends viewed my hubs (when I asked them too). I got some views from HubPages. But, I never had traffic from Google before my hubs were moved.

2. sallybea profile image97

That is true to some extent.   I hope that as I continue to update the rest they might also be moved.

2. OldRoses profile image88
    OldRosesposted 4 weeks ago

My experience has been uniformly negative.  All of my old hubs that were moved to Dengarden lost ALL of their traffic and my new hubs that were moved to Dengarden soon after publication have never gained any traction.  I get far more traffic from my hubs that are not on a niche site.

That is interesting.  I found that gardening hubs do quite well on Flipboard.  It might be worth promoting those there if you have not done so.

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image95
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 4 weeks ago

Initially when a hub is moved to a niche site (in my experience) I lose the majority of my traffic. After a month or so though, there is a traffic boom which holds steady. So all in all, the niche sites have been GREAT for me, even if they seem not to be in the first couple of months.

I'm very happy with the decision and I think it's what has set HubPages apart from other writing platforms.

4. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Sallybea, yes I agree overall the niche site moves and upgrades to the site in general were good decisions. Two of my hubs on niche sites are consistently doing much better. But as psychskinner noted, these were among my top hubs already getting the most page views.
    I've had a couple hubs that now receive less views than they did before being moved. So it depends on the niche category and popularity of topic, IMO. I do believe, in my case, that it also depends on which subcategory within a niche a hub is placed that determines its success.

I don't have much experience of the different categories yet as I have concentrated on my own niche but as I continue to edit some subject which I covered early on, I can see that some hubs may be difficult to categorise.

5. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 4 weeks ago

About the same here.  Just 51 hubs on one niche site, out of 166 total, got 89% of the past month's views.

But as Psyche says, they are the best hubs, and have been for some time.

I do agree though sometimes I think that the stats give one a much better idea of which subjects are worth concentrating on in your own writing.  The reality is some hubs are never going to receive much traffic no matter good the writing is.

working