jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Hearts (free crochet pattern)

1. Fluffels profile image73
    Fluffelsposted 4 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Hearts (free crochet pattern) (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. SakinaNasir53 profile image84
      SakinaNasir53posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Fluffels! smile Welcome to HubPages.

I would like to suggest the following points:

1. Your article is too short. Try adding more information. Make it at least a 1000 words.

2. It is always best to use original images. Attribute the images that you have included by specifying the source name or URL. Make sure the images are in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great to use. Flickr is good too. But you need to search for images in the Creative Commons there.

3. Try writing about something that you're genuinely passionate about and what people might be searching for.

4. Write an Author Bio for each hub. You can write upto 25 bios.

5. Spend your time in the Learning Centre. It will help you make a solid hub.

https://hubpageshelp.com

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Fluffelsposted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, the photo's are all mine, so that shouldn't be a problem. I was told to proofread the text. but the text seems fine to me. Or am I missing something?

SakinaNasir53posted 4 weeks ago in reply to this

You're welcome! smile I think there might be some punctuation errors.

For example: Check the video's below to see how you make a magic ring.

Here videos will stay videos only. There is no need to put apostrophe.

2. Fluffels profile image73
    Fluffelsposted 4 weeks ago

thank you!

3. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 4 weeks ago

Hi there,

Delete every exclamation mark. They add nothing to the text and make it look unprofessional.

Get rid of the parentheses in the title. "How to Crochet Hearts" would be more search engine friendly. Putting 'Free' in the title looks spammy.

Are the diagrams yours too? If not, you must make sure you have permission to use them. If they are yours then add your name to the source info in the capsule.

Make sure you specify if your instructions are for US or UK crocheters.

Why not mention blocking as a means of shaping the finished item?

Read your text out loud. You might find a few errors, such as capitalisation, etc.

Length is not a problem. Patterns and recipes do not need to be 1000 words long. Readers want the pattern, not a great rambling essay, so that's fine.

Hope that helps a little.

Fluffelsposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks, the hub is published now smile

SakinaNasir53posted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

It is published and moved to FeltMagnet. Great job! big_smile Only articles that are excellent in quality are moved. smile

working