Hey guys! So I'm new to the whole HubPages thing, just wrote my first only yesterday! (feel free to check it out) Any pearls of wisdom you lot feel like sharing with this newbie? Much appreciated!
Hi Jami, welcome
Congratulations on your first hub. It's very well written and you have a lovely 'voice'.
You can find tons of information in the Learning Center. There's lots there about layout, style, image use etcetera.
I don't think I can offer you much advice as I've only just written a hub myself, but your first is brilliant . I've got several friends that grew up in South Africa and the stories are sometimes truly shocking but incredible.
Looking forward to reading more!
Hi Jami Murphy! Welcome to HubPages!
I have read your hub and I must say it's very well written.
Also, I would like to add the following points:
1. I believe it is always better to write about topics that you are genuinely passionate about.
2. Avoid too much bold and italics.
3. While linking, be careful to only link those sites that are absolutely essential. HubPages doesn't want to drive readers to other websites. Make sure you cover all points in your hub itself.
4. Amazon products, if included, must be directly related to the title of your hub.
5. Callout capsules are good to highlight important points.
6. Tables are great to minimise information. Polls increase reader engagement.
7. Use bullets and numbering format to give your hub a neater look and make it easily scannable.
8. Always add images that are your own or those in the public domain (copyright free). Pixabay, Pexels.com and Morguefile.com are great for free images. Flickr is good too. But you need to search for images in the Creative Commons there.
9. Author Bio is a must for every hub. You can make upto 25 bios. Make sure you use them appropriately.
10. We are always here for any help in the forums. Good luck with your hubs!
Welcome SakinaNasir53. Where's your first hub or the link here? I'd like to wounded my way into the story and encouraged you.
Have a great time.
by BPO7 years ago
Welcome to HubPages.Just to let you know, you've entered into Extreme Hub Makeover. This is one place where you can place links of Hubs you checked out.I'm only say for future...
by j_barnhart47 years ago
I'm new to Hubpages. I was told about this site by funride so I decided to check it out. I signed up yesterday and just wanted to say HI. I think I'm going to enjoy it here. I like to write about...
by vjlenin9 years ago
Hi, all. I am newcomer from India, joined a few days back, not even a week, I guess, lol. I hope and aspire all the helps, tips and guidance from all the fellow hubbers, I am just starting out on the activities, and...
by Barbara Kay Badder6 years ago
I'm curious what the best advice you would give someone new to Hubpages. I've read lots of advice in the hubs, but please share what you think is important.
by CaityBugsMommy6 years ago
I am new to HubPages and so far I am enjoying it. I would like for some constructive criticism to make my hubs better. Any and all mistakes you find if you could point them out, would be helpful. Most of my hubs are...
by Kaunsa.com Reviews3 years ago
Hi all, I am new at Hubpages. Can any one describe how start a new hub. Help me for making my hub featured
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.