jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Someone asked to translate my hub into Finnish, what should I do?

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image78
    Kelsey Tallisposted 8 years ago

I've been promoting my 30 Seconds to Mars hub on their official message board and someone just asked permisssion to translate my article into Finnish.

Obviously if I give permission, I will ask her to include a link back to my hub (and I honestly believe she will) but I'm curious how other hubbers handle these types of requests.

If you give permission, what is the best way to do this and still drive more traffic to your hub?

Ftr, it's someone I've come to know on that message board and I honestly believe her intentions are good (and the fact that she even asked also indicates that imo).

What are your thoughts and/or opinions?

2. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

A back link to your Hub is what could be asked for as already stated and so far traffic is concerned it will not be affected as both the articles will be in different languages. But I am not sure if it will violate any Hub policy like duplicate content issue.

1. darkside profile image81
      darksideposted 8 years ago in reply to this

It shouldn't.

@Kelsey, go for it. Have them do it and throw in the backlink. It'll tap you into a fresh stream of traffic you never had access to before.

Kelsey Tallisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Yeah, because it's a different language, I didn't think the duplicate content would really be an issue...

That was my first thought too, although I did ask her how she plans on posting it or using the translation (a blog, to email to friends, etc.).

3. JamaGenee profile image86
    JamaGeneeposted 8 years ago

I say 'go for it' for no other reason than to see what happens. Also (if she's not just emailing it around), you might post a link at the end of the hub just so the Infinitely Curious here (like myself) can see it in a different language!

Kelsey Tallisposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Good idea, thanks JamaGenee!

working