jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Adsence Connecting Account?

1. Natalie Frank profile image91
    Natalie Frankposted 3 weeks ago

I have been signed up with Adsence for several months but don't really go into it as my earnings have been pennies so I figured I'd wait a while as I added more articles and other articles were around longer to grow some "legs."  Due to the recent recommendations from community members to go in and make sure you have to add niche sites when you are published in a new one to prevent someone from using your code, I checked it last night. For some reason it said "Connecting your account," and that it would take three days to do so.  This morning it said the same and this afternoon still says the same.  Any ideas as to what's going on with this?  I still have my two ID numbers listed on my accounts.  Thanks for any help anyone out there can provide.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

You have two ID numbers?   It's against the rules to have two Adsense accounts.

1. Natalie Frank profile image91
        Natalie Frankposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

They aren't from two accounts.  When you have an adsense account you have the first ID number which is the one that is part of the code embedded in your site and which is observable to other users.  The other code is private and used for communicating with Google about your account.  They are from the same account.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
          Marisa Wrightposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Whew, you had me worried for a minute. 

Mind you, I have to admit I have no idea what you're talking about. I can't recall ever seeing a private code.  But it's a long time since I had to do anything with my Adsense account so maybe my memory is going!

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 weeks ago

Well, if it said three days it seems reasonable to give it three days?

3. Natalie Frank profile image91
    Natalie Frankposted 3 weeks ago

My issue is more a matter of why if I was approved months ago and it was set up and functioning on my hubs was it disconnected from my account and only by catching it and asking for it to be reconnected was this addressed.  I just don't want to have to go back to scratch with it and also don't want to have to check it constantly to see if for some reason it has been disconnected again. Thanks for the reply.

4. simplehappylife profile image86
    simplehappylifeposted 3 weeks ago

I'm not sure either.  I have been putting the niche sites on there (I too saw some people advising to do so).  Now, I have to go look at my Adsense and see if mine is saying that.

working