jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Can you please check my first try !

1. Jou Elk profile image61
    Jou Elkposted 4 months ago

I'm new here, I would like some help concerning my writing.
    Please check my page. I only shared one piece, I have more, but I would like to know how's the first one and If there's anything i shall change about my style.
    thanks a lot in advance.
    Have a good day hubbers

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Welcome to Hubpages.

We can't see your article because it isn't published. You should get sent a special link that you can post here.

Edit: from your post here, you need to know that there is never a space before a comma or full stop/period.

1. Jou Elk profile image61
        Jou Elkposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hello.

Sorry for the mistakes, I shall be more careful next time.

By the way, I have verified my account, thanks for the help, It'll probably appear now, I hope.

Thanks alot.
        Have a Good day!

1. theraggededge profile image95
          theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi again,

Okay, these are the issues as I see them.

Firstly this should be in the category of Creative Writing, not Books and Literature.

The large blocks of text could be broken up into smaller paragraphs and even multiple capsules. Large blocks of text are very difficult to read and mentally digest, especially on a phone or tablet.

There should be a legal-to-use image somewhere near the top of the article.

You need to know that Hubpages is focused on content that resembles magazine-style, informative articles. Creative writing is still okay but it probably won't make it to a niche site. You might find, if you are writing to fulfil a need for self-expression, a personal blog might suit you better. To be brutally honest, this kind of stream-of-consciousness writing should be kept in a private journal.

You still need to remove those spaces before periods/full stops.

Have a think about why you want to write at HubPages and what you want from it. As I said, the main aim of the site is to produce commercially viable content, so this style of writing is going to have a hard time here.

Have a play in the Learning Center - there's lots to learn and you might be inspired to try something different. https://hubpageshelp.com Meantime, congratulations on your first attempt.

working