jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Hubpages mobile app

1. Jesse Drzal profile image85
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago

I noticed there is an unauthorized Hubpages mobile free app in Google Play store. Anyone use or have more information on this?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

We had an official HubPages app several years ago, but it was retired when we mobile-optimized the site. Use unauthorized apps at your own risk as they are sometimes created in order to steal user data and login info.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image85
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago

Exactly. You can use desktop version on mobile so why bother.

1. TheDragonBringer profile image93
      TheDragonBringerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I saw that app, too.

App: publisher is Neowebarts

If you scroll all the way down Google Play now has an option to take you to the developer website, but the link didn't work for me. However when I Google it there is a website.

On the websites about us page there is no mention of any person, nor are there any concrete numbers. If you were to run into a problem then you would have very few ways to contact them.

I would never use any Hupages app but an official one anyway. But, I am definitely not using one that fails to be transparent. Paul Edmondson is never hidden behind a veil of secrecy, nor is the staff. What makes this app developer think I would trust them with my account info, creative property and payment  info if I don't even now who they are?

Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes I am going to pass as well lol.

3. NurseFlood profile image86
    NurseFloodposted 2 months ago

Are you able to edit hubs from the mobile version?  That would make any app essentially worthless.

Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes you can go desktop on mobile..just like using a PC

working