jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (19 posts)

How does one get traffic from youtube?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image92
    TessSchlesingerposted 2 months ago

Just curious how it is possible for youtube to direct traffic to one of my hubs...

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I haven't checked it for a long time. However at one time, if you embedded a Youtube video in your Hub, a record of that link showed up on the Youtube video on Youtube.  I don't recall where exactly.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

How many years ago was this? As far as I know, this isn't the case since I began here.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
          Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

It was a feature so that Youtube users could see who was backlinking to their video, and at one time it was visible to the public, too.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
            lobobrandonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

That's interesting.

But to answer the main question here. I think the best way to get traffic from Youtube is to have your own videos with a link to the hub in the description.

TessSchlesingerposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I have been getting a fair amount of traffic for one of my hubs and it's coming from youtube. I haven't put the link anywhere on youtube.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image92

Thanks, Marisa. I will check to see which videos I have in my hub and see of if I can find it that way. smile

3. TessSchlesinger profile image92

Marisa, can't find anything like that, and I suppose these aren't my videos,, I wouldn't have access to the inner workings. Ialso took a look at the comments to see if anyone had referred my hub. Nothing that I can see. I suppose it will now have to remain a puzzle as to where my traffic is comig from. Just strange to have youtube refer traffic to a hub.

1. Barbara Kay profile image88
          Barbara Kayposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Put the url to your hub in a Google search and put parenthesis around it. Google should show you everything that has a link to your url.

It only shows me one result. That particular piece has been shared many, many times so that is not true.

Actually if you only put the title in without the url, it works. Thanks.

I've just discovered how many people have stolen my work. I seem to spend a lot of time taking this particular hub off other people's pages.

Crazy.

Couldn't find it on youtube.

2. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 2 months ago

It just means that someone else has a video on youtube and they've added a link in the comments section to your Hub. That's how i get the occasional visitor to one of my Hubs. I can't remember how I traced it back to the video - probably with Google Webmaster Tools. It was a video on a similar topic and he recommended my Hub with a link for his viewers to get more info on the topic.

Thanks! smile

1. sallybea profile image97
        sallybeaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Best thing is to create your own videos.  You can monetize them and the earnings will be added to your Adsense earnings.

Not interested. smile But thanks. Except for Hubpages, I think Adsense is too much work.

1. sallybea profile image97
            sallybeaposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I don't really do anything on Adsense.  My hubs, website and youtube are monetized and I have made payment twice with little or no effort.

I'm sure you have some expertise that I don't. I honestly don't have it in me to look for traffic. My heart and skills fall into the arts and the sciences. Business and finding me markets are foreign concepts to me. sad

working