jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How To Build Rustic Stone Planters For Your Garden

1. bac2basics profile image90
    bac2basicsposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How To Build  Rustic Stone Planters For Your Garden. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

This is a useful hub. A couple of things I noticed...

1. Can you break up that very long first sentence?
      2. Check for punctuation typos - delete spaces in front of commas, for example.
      3. Use bullet points for the materials required.
      4. Use sub-headings 'Step One - Gather Your Rocks', 'Step Two - Mix Sand and Cement', etc.
      5. Add a source for your images - they are yours, yes? So either make reference to 'All photos are my own', just after the intro. Or add your user name to the source field in each photo capsule.
      6. Americans won't know what a dustbin is so say 'dustbin/trash can lid'. Might be better to just refer to a 'suitable container'. Check right through the hub for other references to items particular to the UK and make sure to include a US equivalent.
      7. "When layering up your rocks and stone, as with brickwork I try to stagger..." Don't mix 'your' and 'I'. One or the other, or neither, as in "When layering up the rocks and stone, as with brickwork try to stagger..." Lose as many pronouns as you can.
      8. Remove the Amazon capsule for bulbs. They are not relevant to the article title. I know you mention the kind of plants you use in your planter but a moderator will always check to see if a product relates to the title. That might be the one thing stopping your hub being approved.

Hope that helps and good luck!

2. SakinaNasir53 profile image85
      SakinaNasir53posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi bac2basics! smile I like your hub.

I agree with theraggededge here. Also, I suggest that you should try removing the links of hubs by other authors.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

2. Rupert Taylor profile image93
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago

Precious 777 you can't use HubPages to sell products or supposed medical cures.

3. bac2basics profile image90
    bac2basicsposted 2 months ago

Dear Hubbers.
    Thank you for your feedback especially thereggededge.

I have never had so much of a problem with any of my hubs being featured before this one, it´s driving me crazy trying to figure out what on earth is wrong and why despite many attempts to get it back as a featured hub all my efforts fail. Its not as though I am a newbie on HP and when I first joined I won 2 or 3 hub nugget awards.

I will follow your advice and see how I go.

Many thanks for taking the time to help me out.

Best wishes.

Anne. bac2basics.

working