jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Hub titles

1. Ana Louis profile image83
    Ana Louisposted 7 years ago

I thought I saw this subject on the forum a few days ago.  There were so many I don't have the time to go through and check.  If true I am sorry for starting another one.

I would like to know the how well ranked hubbers come up with a title for your hubs.  I am having a very difficult time creating a good title for some or all of my hubs, and I am sure that I waste a great deal of time on this part of the process.  Is it possible to write the hub first then title it?  That would be eaisier for me, unless I go back to composing on paper first.  I just have such a time issue and I so want to write more hubs...I'm still learning how to do all this.  I would really appreciate some advise.

2. 0
    Janettaposted 7 years ago

you can absolutely write first, then title when you're done. Just title it before you publish. I usually try to think of something that will draw the eye to the hub. For instance, think of what you would look for. What kind of title would make you want to read more. If it's a how to hub, a pretty straightforward title would probably work best. If it's a lighthearted, or entertaining hub, try something humorous. You kind of have to experiment I think. Title IS important, but don't get too caught up on it. You can always change your title later if you think of something more clever or better suited. I know I have.

Ana Louisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Janetta, Some hubs seem harder to tiltle than others.  I have just never tried to write the hub first, but that's me...always trying to put the cart before the horse.  I know about changing the titles later...put that to good use. I used three different titles on my latest hub, finally going back to the second one.

3. Everyday Miracles profile image92
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I keep hitting 100 so I guess I count as "well ranked." For having been here a month, my traffic is also good: over 500 visits on my 40-some hubs every day (average). One of my hubs does over 400 visits a day, and therefore most of my traffic.

That hub is: Why Sex is Important to Men.

No matter how you twist the words in that title, it works well as a search keyphrase, but it also captures the attention of hubbers (most of the traffic to that hub at the moment).

The other one I have that is doing very well in Google is Venomous Snakes of North America: The Vipers. The part before the colon is a keyphrase I have myself searched on numerous occasions. It's obviously common enough that it's coming up in search engines quite a bit!

I try to use words that catch the eye or are good for the search engines. "How to" is something I'm finding myself using more and more.

I also edit hub titles to experiment with their performance.

I am glad that you are doing so well.  How do you manage to publish so many hubs so quickly? I had great intentions to doing that...that time thing again.

Great advise and I will apply it as I continue onward. Thanks so much, and I will be reading your hubs.

4. GeneriqueMedia profile image60
    GeneriqueMediaposted 7 years ago

I guess I'm fairly ranked...

I used to grasp with Hub titles but generally speaking even if it doesn't seem to make sense it clears up with the reader somewhere down the line. Often, just one day, out of the blue, I'm sure some say "OHHH! Now I get it!"

Some of them are just self explanatory, but I try to be a bit more clever with most my writings.

I guess it depends on your readership and who you are yourself; never jump into a new pool of ideas, but slowly stick your feet into it.

I know what you mean.  I want my titles to grab attention, peak the curiosity, and create interest, but I struggle with it.  I guess there is no quick and easy way to do it.  I just want my title to be perfect...you know?

Thanks for the good words.  I'll be reading you.

5. Ryan Hupfer profile image78
    Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago

Here's some info that I put together in our HubPages Guide on researching your topic and coming up with good Hub titles:

6. Ryan Hupfer profile image78
    Ryan Hupferposted 7 years ago

Just found this, too -- it has some great points: