jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Need feed back and followers!

1. LiliMarlene profile image86
    LiliMarleneposted 2 months ago

Hi Adam,
    You will get readers as soon as you write interesting hubs and more than just one. As soon as readers are interested your articles they will follow you. Further, people avoid to be critical and usually only comment when they really like something or really completely dislike and disagree. Hence, don't desperate, begin to follow other writers and comment on articles you like and you'll get what you're looking for in return. Good luck!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 2 months ago

Followers are mostly just there to look pretty; traffic (and earnings) comes primarily from outside Hubpages (Google and Social Media).

As for your hub, it currently looks quite spammy. Get rid of the bold font, put some more professional looking images in (Pixabay and Pexels are a good source for copyright free images) and expand the content a bit to give it a bit more meat.

Also think about writing in more niche topics - just think how many articles out there tell the exact same story as yours.

3. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 2 months ago

Where has he gone?

1. Adam MacMillan profile image60
      Adam MacMillanposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thanks everyone! FYI I think I deleted my post in a half awake attempt to respond on my phone.

1. theraggededge profile image95
        theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

There you are!

I just looked at your bio and I think that you could make it more positive. It makes you appear to be resigned to your fate. Get rid of any sentences like "I had convinced myself that if I do not write my a#$ off and get "known" before I’m twenty, I would fail as a writer."  I realise that you turned it around, but just reading that first paragraph was sort of blah. The last thing I want to read is 'fail as a writer', in whatever context it is written.

You shouldn't come across as jumping-off-the-wall-crazy-manic-positive either, but as an enthusiastic, professional writer who loves what he does. Ageing and the passing of time is irrelevant. Write about why you write, what else interests you and give us a reason to want to read more of your work.

Edit: Think about this: why would anyone after reading your bio, take your business advice seriously? Those tips are just reworking of info that is plastered all over the web. It's dull and unexciting. Write about your real interests. If it doesn't fit HubPages then put it elsewhere. When you have learned to feign enthusiasm about any topic at all, then you can write about business. Right now, your heart isn't in it... and it shows.

working