I'd like feedback on my Hub: Nafplio city: 10 reasons to visit it, historic data

1. She Wolf90 profile image76
    She Wolf90posted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Nafplio city: 10 reasons to visit it, historic data, places to visit and hotel prices. (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

Quite a few problems here:

1. The title is too long. It's not in title case and it's trying to do too much. "Nafplio Travel Information" would cover it.

2. No proper introduction. Every article needs an introduction to explain what it's about, why you needed to write it and why the reader should keep reading.

3. The facts appear to be a thin re-write of a Wikipedia page. If you don't know the city, or you've never visited, don't write about it. You have to be able to write about a place intimately: first impressions, whether you enjoyed your visit, little known facts, etcetera.

4. Following on from that, there's no heart in the article. No enthusiasm or passion. I found myself skimming through because there was no personal voice.

5. Proofread carefully. Bullets don't shoot people, people do. Look out for errant apostrophes: 1700's should be 1700s or 'in the 18th century'.

6. Make sure your images are legal-to-use: Creative Commons or Public Domain. Add the source to the relevant field in the capsule. Better still, use your own.

7. Too many "You can"s. Could you rewrite them?

Hope that helps.

2. LiliMarlene profile image88
    LiliMarleneposted 2 months ago

First of all I must agree to Theraggededge.
    From my point of view (and I just skimmed over the text) you need an introduction and you should explain where the city is. Best already in the title. Kind of: "Come to Nafplio/Greece - I tell you why".
    I had a vague idea that it might be Greece, but I've never heard about this city before. Then, you should write from your point of view and not from any travel guidebook or in the style of such a guidebook. If you write an article about any place you really must know it and at least have been there once. It doesn't make any sense to recommend a travel to a place that you don't know yourself. So, this is just my quick impression which actually shows a part of what you should improve in your article. All the best and good luck!

working