jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Double Standard of Racism

1. lifelovemystery profile image89
    lifelovemysteryposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. I have received several emails from HubPages, that this article could be featured. Each time, I have edited the article, but it's still not featured. I would really appreciate your expert feedback on my Hub The Double Standard of Racism. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi there,

You need to write in paragraphs rather than giving each sentence its own paragraph. At the moment the hub looks like a list.

"People are allowed to be ignorant. Even billionaires. They are allowed to think for themselves, say stupid things out loud and even get called out for the imagined offense. If rap music filled with racist, womanizing, demeaning language is acceptable then Donald Sterling's comments should be as well. It doesn't make him right and it doesn't mean that people have to like or respect him."

One point/idea should be contained in one paragraph. Bullet points are acceptable if they are just a few words long or incomplete sentences.

Otherwise the hub looks fine to me. Perhaps the content is preventing its approval? I think you have made some valid points, whether or not I agree with them. You have written carefully so as not to cause offence - but some will take it anyway.

Hope that helps.

lifelovemysteryposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Thanks so much for your feedback theraggededge. Much appreciated!

2. TessSchlesinger profile image93
      TessSchlesingerposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

It's an excellent article, and the content reads well.

I have problems with the structure. It looks like bullet points, but doesn't say that you will list the in bullet points. One sentece isn't sufficient to be a pararaph.

Thanks tessschlesinger! I've edited this so many times, that I didn't pick up on those things.

3. Kylyssa profile image94
      Kylyssaposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

It reads to me as if part of the conversation is missing, as if you thought of it more in-depth and lost a bunch of sentences typing it. As others have already mentioned, it reads a bit like a bullet list, only providing the ideas but not much narrative.

Thank you so much. I have gone through and applied edits based on your feedback, as well as the others. I am so grateful.

working