jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to Throw a Memorable Wedding in Vancouver

1. Keenan Beavis profile image61
    Keenan Beavisposted 4 months ago

I've tried submitting this like 6 times and have tried everything..  what could I change?

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to Throw a Memorable Wedding in Vancouver (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Terrielynn1 profile image84
      Terrielynn1posted 4 months ago in reply to this

I would start by changing the name. This looks more like a party then the actual wedding. The candy bar is a party idea for teenagers or college parties. You write very little about the wedding planning for a memorable event. I hope this helps. I wouldn't use the picture of Adam Sadler either, unless you want this article to be all about the party.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 4 months ago in reply to this

Hi there,

These are the issues as I see them:

There is no proper introduction. You don't even mention weddings in your first paragraph. An introduction tells the reader what the article is about, why you are writing it and why they should keep reading.

Your hub is not about weddings, it's about parties. You have to write to the title otherwise the reader will feel cheated. So how, exactly, does one have a memorable wedding in Vancouver? Best venues? Wedding planning? Resources? DJs, candy in jars and alcohol do not a wedding make.

You need to think about what you are trying to achieve. Have you a passion for weddings? Or are you just trying to get people to click on your title? Unless you can write a fully-formed, useful, fact-filled wedding article, you have chosen the wrong topic.

If you are trying to promote Bar Services, forget it; HubPages is not the place for that.

Hope that helps

3. tamarawilhite profile image88
      tamarawilhiteposted 4 months ago in reply to this

I agree with theraggededge, you need an introduction stating "Are you planning on holding a wedding in Vancouver?" and explaining if the advice is for people traveling to Vancouver for a wedding or natives holding a wedding here.
      I'd suggest removing the video.
      The references on how to get the event permit are good.

2. firstcookbooklady profile image82
    firstcookbookladyposted 4 months ago

Was there a wedding in Vancouver? Is there one coming? Do they have one there, often? Is there a place to hold it? Is there a reason one would want to get married there? Do you need a passport to get there? Does it matter if one is already married in a different country? --  smile.

working