jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Huge discrepancy between Hubpages page views and Google Adsense views

1. Michael Kismet profile image90
    Michael Kismetposted 3 weeks ago

For example, I have one hub that's on a niche site that gets around (HP)600 daily views, yet Google Adsense shows only 30 views. The same with other hubs that get a couple of hundred views, yet GA shows only a few on said hubs.  Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this issue?  Please bear with me, for I am an adsense neophyte.

1. promisem profile image93
      promisemposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

I believe the AdSense views show the number of impressions delivered by just AdSense and not the HP ad program. AdSense pays you for its views and HP pays you for the ad program views.

Michael Kismetposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hello Scott, I appreciate your response, but in Google Adsense I am looking at the "page views" tab, not the "impressions" tab.  I apologize for not making it clear.. It is just so disheartening to think that my views aren't adding up to where it should be.. To see HP(Hobbylark)600 daily page views - GA(Hobbylark) 30 daily page views.   

Anyone else have any further insights on this matter..?

2. lobobrandon profile image83
    lobobrandonposted 3 weeks ago

When you have the HP ad program active your adsense ad only shows at the bottom of the page. I am not sure if it only shows up 60% of the time. I need to look at the distribution (there is a blog post somewhere) to give you exact details.

Also as far as I know, Adsense allows 3 ad units per page (on most sites, some websites have exceptions directly from Adsense) and this would probably result in 3 impressions but one page view if someone viewed the entire page. But having the ad right now, it's unlikely that most of your viewers are seeing it.

So a combination of these factors would lead to your views being more than what it shows on Adsense. But if you compare Google Analytics and HP, they should be similar.

Michael Kismetposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Thank you, Lobo.  That was exactly what I needed to know..and thanks for not making me feel like a complete noob because of my lack of knowledge, "you're a scholar and a gentleman". lol.

1. lobobrandon profile image83
        lobobrandonposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Wow those compliments haha. You're welcome.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 weeks ago

Some factors that may cause the big difference in views:

1. Ad blockers - many people use them now.

2. Your Adsense ID will only display on 60% of views (the other 40% displays Hubpages' ID).

3. Hubpages is on a 'rolling' 24 hours while Adsense & Analytics are on a static 24 hour day - if you get a big burst of traffic, they'll be quite a bit different.

working