For example, I have one hub that's on a niche site that gets around (HP)600 daily views, yet Google Adsense shows only 30 views. The same with other hubs that get a couple of hundred views, yet GA shows only a few on said hubs. Is this normal? Anyone else experiencing this issue? Please bear with me, for I am an adsense neophyte.
I believe the AdSense views show the number of impressions delivered by just AdSense and not the HP ad program. AdSense pays you for its views and HP pays you for the ad program views.
Hello Scott, I appreciate your response, but in Google Adsense I am looking at the "page views" tab, not the "impressions" tab. I apologize for not making it clear.. It is just so disheartening to think that my views aren't adding up to where it should be.. To see HP(Hobbylark)600 daily page views - GA(Hobbylark) 30 daily page views.
Anyone else have any further insights on this matter..?
When you have the HP ad program active your adsense ad only shows at the bottom of the page. I am not sure if it only shows up 60% of the time. I need to look at the distribution (there is a blog post somewhere) to give you exact details.
Also as far as I know, Adsense allows 3 ad units per page (on most sites, some websites have exceptions directly from Adsense) and this would probably result in 3 impressions but one page view if someone viewed the entire page. But having the ad right now, it's unlikely that most of your viewers are seeing it.
So a combination of these factors would lead to your views being more than what it shows on Adsense. But if you compare Google Analytics and HP, they should be similar.
Thank you, Lobo. That was exactly what I needed to know..and thanks for not making me feel like a complete noob because of my lack of knowledge, "you're a scholar and a gentleman". lol.
Some factors that may cause the big difference in views:
1. Ad blockers - many people use them now.
2. Your Adsense ID will only display on 60% of views (the other 40% displays Hubpages' ID).
3. Hubpages is on a 'rolling' 24 hours while Adsense & Analytics are on a static 24 hour day - if you get a big burst of traffic, they'll be quite a bit different.
by Pop Culture World21 months ago
Hello,I am seeing on my Adsense earnings 0 page views yet there are clicks coming from the pages still.Two days ago there were about five clicks and then the next day those clicks were gone from the previous night's...
by Favorites7 years ago
Anybody please tell me what is the difference between page views and page impressions, because I dont get the same number of page views on my hubpages statistic page and page impressions on my google adsense report.I...
by jvhirniak2 years ago
There is a huge disparity between my Hub stats and my stats in Google Analytics. Hub stats shows me getting 300+ page views per day. Google shows about 20 per day. This disparity started around one month...
by Barbara Kay Badder23 months ago
Why do I show 0 page views at Google Adsense, but 200 and some impressions. This doesn't make sense to me. Google Adsense never shows the same page views or impressions that I show elsewhere. Can anyone help me...
by genebob3 years ago
While I link my Adsense account, it directs me to Google, which then asks if I want to accept the association, I say yes, then it directs me back to Hubpages, but it just loads a blank page, nothing comes up. I could...
by Beaks8 years ago
I know there is some percentage of views that goes to HubPages, but can it really be 90 percent? That's about how many of mine they get. I've never cared much until now when I have a hub that is actually getting a good...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.