jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What's wrong with my hub?

1. Anita Hasch profile image82
    Anita Haschposted 2 months ago

Hi, I would like to thank everybody for all the help that I get from the hub community. I have one more problem. I recently added a new hub 'Discover The Douro Valley Portugal,' can somebody please tell me how I can improve this hub so that it passes the test.

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 2 months ago in reply to this

As it's not yet approved, I can't see a link on your profile. Can you share a link please?

2. Anita Hasch profile image82
    Anita Haschposted 2 months ago
  3. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago

My guess is that you've put it in the wrong category.   Bits of the Hub are about wine, but bits are about the valley and another bit is a recipe.  I suggest deciding what it's about first, then focus on that, and change the category accordingly.

Anita Haschposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa. What do you suggest?

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
        Marisa Wrightposted 2 months ago in reply to this

LikeI said, you need to decide what you're really writing about.   The main part of your Hub is about Port, but your title and introduction isn't.

That's very, very important online.  Your title and your first paragraph MUST tell people what your Hub is about. If your title isn't descriptive and your introduction is too general, your Hub will never get Google traffic anyway.

So, if you want to write a Hub about "Discover the Douro Valley" then you'll need to rewrite the whole Hub to tell us about the Douro Valley.   If you want to write a Hub about Port, then change the title to something about Port, make your first paragraph about Port, and tell us about Port.   You can still talk about where it comes from, of course, but make it relevant to the wine. 

Also, the information is shallow, so you need to do a lot more research before you can create a decent Hub from this.  For instance, you mention that some farmers still make it the old-fashioned way, but you don't tell us what the new way is.  You don't explain what a fortified wine is.  You don't explain how port differs from other fortified wines.

Anita Haschposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Marisa for all the info. I see where I went wrong. Will rewrite it as soon as I can. So good of you to go to all the trouble, really appreciate it.

working