jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Railway Photography

1. Liam Johnston profile image59
    Liam Johnstonposted 2 months ago

Hi Hubbers,
    I am new to this, so please I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Railway Photography (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. chasmac profile image97
      chasmacposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hi
      Nice pics, but you can't use watermarked photos (including text with the photographers name and copyright) on HubPages. If you have access to them without the text, you can publish those and write the photographer's name plus "Used with permission" in the source field of each photo capsule. You should then also remove the credit to the photographer you placed halfway down your Hub.

2. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hello there,

That link to the Railway Missions Chaplains, while well-intentioned is nothing to do with the title of the hub, so best remove the live link.

Also you need to add a source to each image capsule.

Would it be possible to use your own photos? These images are quite generic and don't really do much for your article.

I have to say that the article is somewhat bland. It doesn't offer anything unique that couldn't be found elsewhere. The topic is a good one and you could do so much more with it, don't you think?

This sentence, "If you are like me, you will see trains as a method of transport that has no real appeal beyond the fact the train can take you to a destination." shows you have no passion about the subject, so why are you writing about it?

Who are famous railway photographers? What is the most famous and iconic train photo? What is the best equipment? How do you manage on rainy days? Foggy days? How often do you go out and photograph trains (you don't, do you?)? You have to breathe life into your writing and make your article a go-to-resource, otherwise it will simply fade away and you will have wasted your time.

Hope that helps.

Edit: Ah, I just read your profile. You need to know that you can't use a hub to promote an organisation if it is not really connected to the subject. You think it is, but it isn't. Photography is one thing, a charitable railway organisation is another. Why don't you just write a hub on the work that you do, complete with link? That would be fine.

2. Liam Johnston profile image59
    Liam Johnstonposted 2 months ago

Thanks Chasmac,
    That is a simple fix.

working