jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

I'm new at this and would like some help passing the Qualty Assement

1. profile image71
    Patrick Littleposted 3 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Gaming Handhelds, Past and Future (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. Araaz profile image69
      Araazposted 3 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi Patrick I am new here too. I mean I am still dealing with quality assessment issues . So far I have observed that this site want every thing original. If the work that you are submitting is original and all yours,I am sure it will get published in 24 hours. I tried writing on lengthy complicated topics,I did research and spent almost 4-6hours in creating one good hub only to find out that it wasn't accepted by hubpages. Then I posted my original poetry's that took 5minutes of work to just type and click publish got accepted by quality assessment in 12hours.
      Just keep your work original.

2. profile image71

Thanks, I've put my writing through multiple plagiarism checkers, source the photos correctly and have made sure that embedding YouTube videos doesn't violate any copyright laws (it doesn't). So I'm covered on that front. From there I had to expand on my content and organize it a lot better. It was a lot more work, but I think the article turned out much better because of it.

3. WryLilt profile image85
    WryLiltposted 3 weeks ago

The whole hub looks a little spammy and all over the place. It's got lots of links, the feature lists make it a little lopsided, the two poll capsules are on different lines and the list of attributions at the bottom are just a list of messy links.

Clean it up and make it a little more streamlined and neat.

4. profile image71

I changed the work cited page to something more resembling MLA style, and I rotated the table so that it looks better. I also deleted one of the polls and made sure the other one was stretched out. I passed the quality assessment, but am still open to improvements or comments. Thanks for your help!

working