jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Moving Hubs from another account

1. theraggededge profile image95
    theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago

I think I've asked this before, but I'd love to get an answer from a staffer, if possible.

I've got 70 hubs on another account. Only one is doing well, some are so-so, but the majority need a good  revamp. I'd really like to move them to my main account.

How soon after unpublishing them on their existing account am I able to republish them on my main account without running the risk of a duplicate content violation?

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 weeks ago

I seem to recall that the last time someone asked this, they said they'd improved their duplicate filter and you only needed to allow a few days.

Of course you've got to check they haven't been stolen too.

theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

So if I unpublished them and left it for, let's say 10 - 14 days, I should be okay? I can start with the bottom feeders. I'll check each one for theft and rewrite, if necessary - quicker than DMCA-ing.

Thanks, Marisa.

1. Matt Wells profile image
        Matt Wellsposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

After you have unpublished your content it should be removed from search engines in a few hours, but you should check before you republish to avoid a duplicate moderation. Also, as Marissa Wright said, make sure your content has not been stolen before you unpublish. Please visit the FAQ for instructions on how to transfer content.

3. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 6 weeks ago

I personally have 3-4 Hubpages accounts, all of them with content (only 2 pay out monthly though).

My one question would be - are you losing any age or backlinks by deleting the hubs and starting from scratch?

1. Matt Wells profile image
      Matt Wellsposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

The date you transfer your article to a different HubPages account will be the date it is considered first published. If you unpublish an article and create a new one with the same content you will lose backlinks because the URL has changed.

theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I think I'm okay with that. So many have been languishing in the doldrums the past couple of years; a good going over and new home will jolt them into action smile

working