I'd like feedback on my Hub: My Retirement Hobby

1. Bren Hall profile image81
    Bren Hallposted 2 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub My Retirement Hobby. What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image95
      theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Hello fellow Brit,

I think you could get this one fixed easily enough.

Firstly, you need to tell us what your hobby is by way of an introduction. You have left the reader to work it out for themselves and many of us are too lazy. So you need to explain what the article is about and why you had to write it and why people should keep reading. Introductions can be tricky and I often find it better to add them when I've finished the article.

The title could also be reworded to let readers know what to expect. For example, "Surfing the Web: My Retirement Hobby"

Your first sub-heading is "Screen Versus Book" but there's nothing in that section about screens versus books.

Be careful of rambling. People don't care about your pop-ups big_smile I really think you could tighten up the whole article to focus only on you, as a retired person, using the internet. You can leave out the stuff about your reading material, TV watching habits, etc. because they are not relevant to the topic of surfing the web. Keep them for other hubs. You could give us your experience but also add some information for the retired person, for example, how they might make better use of the web for making purchasing decisions, researching, learning and so on. Things like YouTube for tips how to change settings on your computer, for instance.

The Amazon links to your books (congratulations, by the way) are not relevant to the title and will prevent your hub being approved. Write two other hubs about each of your books and link to them there.

Hope that helps.

1. Bren Hall profile image81
        Bren Hallposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Yes, thank you, that is extremely helpful. Thank you for taking the time smile

working