jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)

Suggestion for help with submitting articles

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks ago

It would be very helpful if the team would place some sort of small mark next to articles or above them to show writers that they are ready, time wise, to be submitted to a niche site.  Otherwise, we have to keep a chart of some sort, which is very time consuming to do, especially if we have more than one site.  Perhaps once the 14 day limit is up the "submit" wording could add the word "now"?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

If you try to submit early, you will see a message that lets you know the number of days before you can submit again. There's no penalty or issues if you try to use the submit button before the wait period is over.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I know that, but it is knowing when to press that button that is the problem.

Also, if you have two sites, can you submit one article per site every 14 days or just one for one site or another per 14 days.

I'm confused

Sorry for the confusion. The 14 day wait applies to one article per 14 days regardless of the site it is being submitted to.

The only exception to the wait period is if an editor requests edits from you, in which case, resubmitting after making the requested changes does not interfere with your ability to submit an article that 14-day period.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
            Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I think TT2 means she has two accounts.

Ah, I see, it's one article per account per 14 days, so you can submit one article from each account.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93

I just tried the submit button on two different articles and am getting a message that says "something went wrong, please report this problem on the forums"...so I'm reporting it!

1. Marisa Wright profile image93

That happens to me some days too.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

I'm confused.  Why would you need a chart?   All you need to do is mark the next date on your calendar.  Then when that day comes, choose which Hub you want to submit.   

Your post seems to suggest that some Hubs could be "ready" to submit while others aren't, which isn't the case.

I didn't think of that, but it would still be something else you need to do...and if you have two sites, it becomes even more confusing.

2. janshares profile image90
    jansharesposted 2 weeks ago

I hear you, TIMETRAVELER2. It does give us one more thing to keep up with. I started doing it manually by writing down the articles I want to submit on a piece of paper, write the date of submission, then wait 2 weeks to submit another. I cross off the list what was accepted. Tedious? Yes. But I couldn't think of another way to keep track. It would be nice if we had something on our profile page similar to when we had an "every 60 days to op out of . . ." I can't remember what it was. Anyway, it probably won't happen.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I do the same thing, but instead of writing on paper, I keep a list of hubs in an excel spreadsheet with the  future date of submission and the niche site to submit to. That gives me the ability to easily sort the list in different ways based on my preferences.  Once a hub is submitted and moved, I delete it from the list.

You can so the same thing with the "notepad" app if you don't use Excel. It's easier than using pencil and paper.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93

I'm much more simplistic.

I add the next submission date to my usual calendar.

Then when that date comes, I go to my Account page, select "HubPages" to see what's left on the main site, scan down the list and decide which one I feel like submitting today.  After all, does it really matter which one you pick?

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm even more simplistic - I wait for HP to do it for me big_smile

I did that for quite awhile but in the past few month they seem to have slowed way down.  By submitting items myself I can have articles moved up to niches two ways because when they choose I don't think it counts against the 14 day limit.

working