jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Sharing on Reddit

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 weeks ago

I would like to share some articles on Reddit. I have a pretty good grasp of the workings I think, as far as subreddits, sharing system etc. Just wondering if anyone had thoughts or experience sharing, using the site, things of that nature. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 weeks ago

I dabbled with Reddit for a while when I first started Hubbing but didn't get much results from it so eventually I stopped bothering.

You gotta be careful how and where you place your self promo on there, though.  If you overdo it you'll be pegged as a spammer and they'll eat you for breakfast.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
      Jesse Drzalposted 2 weeks ago in reply to this

Gotcha. Thank you, Freddy. Appreciate the reply.

3. Solaras profile image91
    Solarasposted 2 weeks ago

I think there is a hubpages Reddit that someone tried to reignite a couple of years ago, but it did not work out.  I think self promotion is frowned upon, and they can ban you or HP, but someone else probably can chime in with better info. I think that was why the HP subreddit was created, to avoid bannings.

I had a mini viral from them a couple of years ago, although I had nothing to do with sharing the article.  It brought me 60,000 views over 3 days, so if you can slip one in there, it can pay off for a little bit.

4. Kim Bryan profile image92
    Kim Bryanposted 2 weeks ago

Sharing your own articles on Reddit is frowned upon unless they are in the self-promotion subreddit which never even makes it to r/all and is seldom seen.  I have, however, shared others' hubs if it applied with good response by Redditors.

5. eugbug profile image91
    eugbugposted 2 weeks ago

Self-promotion is a no-no on Reddit although some moderators may be stricter than others. If someone else ads a link to your page, that is usually ok.
    Watch out also as you can be shadow banned without warning for self promotion. This means that even though you make posts, only you can see them. You can check this by logging and if your posts are invisible, you may have been banned.

working