jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (15 posts)

Success Starts With Self

1. Rosa Ann Crowder profile image77
    Rosa Ann Crowderposted 2 months ago

Need help, thanks

1. theraggededge profile image96
      theraggededgeposted 2 months ago in reply to this

With what?

2. Rosa Ann Crowder profile image77

I submitted Success Starts With Self to Hubpages Network Site. It was not selected. I need help in improving my hub.

3. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 2 months ago

But, nobody can help if we can't see the Hub. You need to post a link.

4. chasmac profile image98
    chasmacposted 2 months ago

I'll put the link for you so others can weigh in.
    https://hubpages.com/business/Success-Starts-With-Self

You have grammar errors, awkward phrasing, incorrect punctuation, and you haven't sourced your photos to show you have the legal right to use them.

Some examples
    Thrive to be the best you can be. = Strive to be the best you can be.

Sometimes the heaviness of day after day problems and setbacks and the nagging feeling of despair and the need for fulfillment can bring one down.

Sometimes the heaviness of day after day problems, setbacks, the nagging feeling of despair and the need for fulfillment can bring one down.

I am sad to say but his/her worst enemy. > incomplete sentence

Subtitle: Don't Let Other's [Others] Pull You Down.

5. Rosa Ann Crowder profile image77

Thank you so much. I fixed those errors. Does anyone see anything else?

1. chasmac profile image98
      chasmacposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Ok - here's some more

"Success is about building relationships, making connections, and become [becoming] robust."

"Make an accurate list every morning, [morning with] things to accomplish for that particular day[; doing] this helps me to stay motivated and focused on what I need to achieve[.]"

"Just always remember, we cannot become successful without people; accepting that everyone has problems." > This is a confusing sentence. Why is the word 'people' there? It reads like 'We can't become successful unless people accept that everyone has problems', or do you mean that we can't become successful without people? If you remove'people'. it makes sense, but maybe it's not the meaning you want to convey.

"Critical thinking [is] defined as a type of rational thinking about what to believe or what to do in any given situation."

There are more, but that's all I have time for right now. Also you still haven't provided a source for your photos. It's a must for acceptance to a niche site.

Rosa Ann Crowderposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I did those changes. Thank you

1. Solaras profile image90
          Solarasposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I'd just like to say that it's nice to see somebody asking for help, and accepting the help they receive graciously. I don't look at these posts often so I may have a skewed view, but in many I have looked at the OP became belligerent.

Good luck with the changes in your Hub; I hope it is successful for you.

thank you

6. Jesse Drzal profile image86
    Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago

The topic is off. No way this is business or entrepreneur it belongs in self-help, things of that nature possibly. You do have a positive message just clean it up get rid of the run on stuff that's redundant. Little more meat on the bone.

I changed it to self-help. thanks

7. Rosa Ann Crowder profile image77

thanks for your advice.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image86
      Jesse Drzalposted 2 months ago in reply to this

By no means am I telling you how or what to write, but perhaps you could share some sort of interest, hobbies, things of that nature to help connect a little better through your Hubs.

Good idea, thanks

working