jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

google adsense

1. 60
    TJNYposted 7 years ago

Hey im new to hubpages and i wanted to ask a few questions about the financial aspects of hubpages. Is google adsense the only way to make money on this site or atleast the best way??
    Say that i want to recieve money via paypal only how drastically would that limit me (adsense is check only). I understand that you can set up links to ebay and amazon but are they profitable and are there other ways?? Can i get alternatives that pay via paypal that are similar to adsense. I know AC gives you money up front for published works. PLease do not think that I am doing this for money alone I just like to do a lot of research before I jump into something like this. Thank you for any information you can provide in advance and for reading this post.

2. Kudlit profile image53
    Kudlitposted 7 years ago

Adsense can pay via Western Union at no cost to you.

Ebay pays via Paypal but they're strict in letting publishers in the program.

Amazon can be profitable too if you display ads that are relevant to the topic that you are writing about.

Adsense is really the easiest way to monetize hubpages. The ads are automatically placed for optimal conversion. You don't have to worry about placement.

What you need to worry about is to identify topics that convert well and pay well. You have to find that sweet spot where there is great demand for information (searches) and very few webpages supplying that demand (competing web pages). Keyword research is key and you'll find hundreds of thousands of web pages discussing keyword research.

You probably won't earn enough from hubpages to support a living but it's a good place to start learning how to make money online because you won't have to worry about the technical side of web development. Just find a good topic to write about, build the hubpage and you should start seeing a few cents from adsense. To that often enough and the cents should turn into dollars.

Hope that helps.

3. 60
    TJNYposted 7 years ago

Really i didnt think western union sent money through paypal. Thanks though that really clears things up. But im also wondering if there are other ways besides adsense to produce some sort of income even if it means making a little less profit. I prefer to stay away from adsense

4. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Adsense is my top earner.  I don't understand why people actively WANT to stay away from it.

5. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

Probably cause they have already been banned GG

6. 60
    TJNYposted 7 years ago

Lissie is correct many people have been banned from google adsense sometimes without much notice or reason. I do not "want" to stay away from it but im just wondering if affiliate links with ebay and kontera and the such pay through paypal and if so is there still some kind of profit from it. I am not here to earn giant amounts of capital but it would be nice to earn some cash through my writing. Im doing this to test my writing ability and see if I can put it to use. If you can answer about those other affiliates i would appreciate it.

Also Lissie your name sounds familiar I think ive seen your slideshows or something like that before.LOL.

7. gamergirl profile image61
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

Well.  Read the FAQ, TJNY.  Or, use the search function on the forum.  This is a series of questions that gets asked A LOT.