jump to last post 1-28 of 28 discussions (32 posts)

Who do you dress to Please????????????

1. mandybeau profile image60
    mandybeauposted 7 years ago

Your nearest and dearest?
    Your friends,
    Members of the same sex to makle them feel inferior lol.
    The fashion pundits?
    Or yourself.

2. Lissie profile image85
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

1. Kelsey Tallis profile image79
      Kelsey Tallisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

LMAO! That's exactly what I said out loud before opening this thread!

Yeah, I talk out loud to people on the internet who can't hear hear me too... so? :-D

3. Uninvited Writer profile image81
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

I dress for myself also...

4. Roxy Marshall profile image59
    Roxy Marshallposted 7 years ago

Mostly myself. I feel more comfortable and less self concious when I know I look good.

1. Artisan Walker profile image60
      Artisan Walkerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Question: When you look good to yourself or when you think you look good to others?  What's your preference?

5. Colebabie profile image61
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

Me. And my boyfriend... gotta keep it sexy.

6. Artisan Walker profile image60
    Artisan Walkerposted 7 years ago

I dress to please mysel.  What's comfortable.  What looks good to me.

7. Artisan Walker profile image60
    Artisan Walkerposted 7 years ago

This is a very good topic.  Open to a lot of differnt opinions.

8. shibashake profile image85
    shibashakeposted 7 years ago

I dress for my dogs. Only wear stuff that I don't mind getting dog hair and mud all over smile Jeans and any ole shirt works well.

When I was growing up, I had to wear uniforms in school. Yuck! Really hated that. mad

1. girly_girl09 profile image79
      girly_girl09posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Blech. Not a fan of uniforms. Absolutely hated them! It's funny because I wore an outfit last year that was similar to an old school uniform (vest, knee length grey skirt and white button up blouse). Didn't even realize it until my mother saw a picture of me in it and commented how it had to of been inspired by my old uniform. I haven't been able to wear the outfit, since. hahahahha

1. shibashake profile image85
        shibashakeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

lol - childhood really scars us for life smile

9. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

Me! I am really conscious about what outfits I wear to certain events and business meetings because I believe that it reflects on my professionalism. The more "put-together" and "sharp" my outfits look, the more I feel confident about my abilities. smile I own a lot of suits and business clothes, probably a lot more than people twice my age. I can't get enough of shopping for them and rarely buy casual clothes! hehe I only own about 3 or 4 pairs of jeans.

I also have a lot of fun adding my own feminine touch to a potentially boring and somewhat masculine wardrobe. This can be challenging at times because my ultimate goal is to appear older and professional.

I try to wear a lot of skirts and almost always wear pink or at least bright, vibrant colors to counter-act potentially boring and drab black. There is a challenge of still keeping my "girly-girl" feminine identity, but not over doing it. I don't want the "Legally Blond" look. hehe

10. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

NONE! Infact.. Myself! I wear what i like and what is comfortable for me...

11. packerpack profile image60
    packerpackposted 7 years ago

I dress to please myself because I find it more easy to please myself then please others. No matter what you wear there will always be people who will contradict your taste.

12. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

I dress for the weather. Or according to the weather.

13. weblog profile image60
    weblogposted 7 years ago

None but myself smile

14. countrywomen profile image76
    countrywomenposted 7 years ago

I dress both for myself/husband(and I also suggest for him too). And also dress according to the situation/occasion (office, formal/casual party, relaxing at home, casual evening stroll/morning walks, yoga/sports and so on). smile

15. indian cooking profile image51
    indian cookingposted 7 years ago

I mostly dress to please myself.But sometimes i consider the opinions of my near and dear too.

16. dingdong profile image61
    dingdongposted 7 years ago

Depends on time and situation smile

17. charanjeet kaur profile image60
    charanjeet kaurposted 7 years ago

Mostly myself and my hubby, it is so entirely dependent on my mood and occassion. When i was abroad i could wear jeans or skirts and be comfortable but in india when you are around with friends and family we have to wear conservative and its more formal.

18. sassychic profile image60
    sassychicposted 7 years ago

I dress for what the day is like and my mood. One day I could dress up more and take time on my hair. Other days I dont care adn toss on whatever is clean that I havent worn the past week. My boyfriend asked me how I decide what to wear. I told him I just figure it out on the way or when I wake up and go out the door.
    Im not really true advocate for getting up really early tossing a pound of make up and crap on and prancing around people. Not my gig.

19. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

I can dress up or down but always for me. smile

20. AEvans profile image74
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Myself, well my husband too!!!big_smile

21. Teresa McGurk profile image82
    Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago

myself.  I used to gear up when I was teaching.  now I wear pj's a LOT.

22. Everyday Miracles profile image93
    Everyday Miraclesposted 7 years ago

I dress for my husband. I prefer to wear skirts and blouses where he prefers me in jeans. I usually wear jeans because of his preference and am beginning to find myself more comfortable too as they are slimming (and I have considerable weight to lose after four children!).

23. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 7 years ago

I dress to hide my ginger nut sack!! and I dress myself too.....he he!

24. Lisa HW profile image83
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Whatever clothes or make-up I wear is for myself, but that doesn't mean that "myself" doesn't care whether I look my nicest.  It's just that the person whose approval "myself" wants is me.  I feel more alive and happy when I the person I see in the mirror looks good (and well too, of course).

25. gamergirl profile image62
    gamergirlposted 7 years ago

I dress to please me.  It drives my gay roomie batty because I'm the kind of person who doesn't care and will totally wear sweatpants to the grocery store!

26. Raven King profile image61
    Raven Kingposted 7 years ago

Me. I almost always wear jeans and comfortable hiking shoes or thong sandals.

27. Princessa profile image87
    Princessaposted 7 years ago

Me... and I undress to please my other half tongue

28. 0
    pgrundyposted 7 years ago

Me. I'm not going to be getting any calls from Playboy for a centerfold gig anytime soon so I wear what's practical and what fits. Lots of jeans and cotton shirts, hiking boots, and I'm crazy for good socks.

That's what happens to old people. They get excited about socks.