jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (16 posts)

Link in comments on Hub

1. Jesse Drzal profile image86
    Jesse Drzalposted 5 months ago

Someone left a good comment on my Hub and also dropped a link to their site. The site is right on point with the subject and looks like quality. I would like to approve it, just wondering how Google sees it, whether it's treated as spammy or rewarded. Don't remember the deal with links in comments. Thanks, everyone.

2. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 5 months ago

It's mostly a link from the person running that website. If it really adds to the hub and is related, there's no reason not to approve it in my opinion. It's definitely going to be no-followed anyway.

Jesse Drzalposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Thanks you for the help Brandon. Just curious, when the link is clicked am I still getting the pageveiew time still or have they technically left my page at that point?

1. lobobrandon profile image84
        lobobrandonposted 5 months ago in reply to this

They have left by then.

But the person would only reach the comments section after they have read your hub. Most people are never going to even look at the link.

Exactly. Thank you again

3. LiveMusicLoverLyn profile image81
    LiveMusicLoverLynposted 5 months ago

I've had a link only added as a comment to my hub https://caloriebee.com/diets/Healthy-Chicken-Curry and wonder if that is OK?  There is no place for me to allow or deny the message, whereas the other comment I had to approve.  As a newbie, I'm wondering about this.  Seems similar to the question here so any help please?

I just checked it out..looks spammy no other text or profile picture. I would axe that. Should be a little deny button there no?

2. Glenn Stok profile image94
      Glenn Stokposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I just looked at it. That its definitely spam and you need to remove it.

You have to log onto Caloriebee in order to delete the comment. Same user and password as you use for HubPages.

You also should change your comments settings to not allow comments to be posted until you moderate them. Click "Show Settings" on your global comments page.

Didn't realize there was setting for comments I though you just moderated manually was the only setting. Thank's for the help Glenn.

2. Jesse Drzal profile image86

I just assumed he was logged in too lol.

1. Glenn Stok profile image94
          Glenn Stokposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I'm noticing that many Hubbers don't know they need to log in. Many comments I get in my niche hubs from other Hubbers are left as a guest – meaning that they didn't log into the niche site.

4. LiveMusicLoverLyn profile image81

Thanks but no!  there was for the other one!  Can I report it somewhere?

Yes perhaps shoot an email to the team. You can wait a little as well someone from the team will probably hop on and address it. They are good about stuff like that in the forums.

May have been auto-approved I am not sure.

5. LiveMusicLoverLyn profile image81

Thanks, logged in on there and there were the buttons!  Reported as spam, thanks very much guys.

Awesome!  Anything that looks like that don't allow. You want good comments that add to the quality of the article only.

working