I'd like feedback on my Hub: International Real Estate Investing - Awesome Choic

1. cmoneyspinner1tf profile image88
    cmoneyspinner1tfposted 11 days ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub International Real Estate Investing - Awesome Choices!. There was a blue box ("assessment tip") that said I should get rid of the Amazon products because there was not enough content.  So I deleted them.  What else should I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 10 days ago in reply to this

Hi there,

I can see a lot of issues with your article...

The title - remove 'awesome'. It looks unprofessional and no-one will be searching for it in connection with real estate investment. Your title should reflect the four countries that the article covers. Talking of which, wouldn't it be better to address each country in separate hubs? Then you could write a fully formed and useful article for each.

Remove all exclamation points. They have no business being in such an article. Again, it looks unprofessional and 'shouty'. Ditto 'LOL'. Ditto bold and underlined text. These things do not enhance your writing; they cheapen it.

Your intro should be to tell your readers what the article is about, i.e. property investments in these four countries. An oblique, 'clever' intro doesn't work with articles like this. People land on your page and they want to know what to expect or they will press the 'Back' button pronto.

Make sure your images are properly credited and legal-to-use. Also, they must be relevant to the topic, i.e. investing in  property.

Stay on topic. 'Fun facts' belong in a different kind of article. However, you could include some 'relevant' facts that would be helpful to someone thinking of purchasing a property.

"In Costa Rica they put coffee to babies and infants in there bottles to help calm them. It's tradition! There's more!" This has nothing to do with the topic. There are two grammatical errors in there, as well as too many exclamation points.

Remove the links, especially the ones to Wizzley. HP doesn't allow self-promotion. Barbecues have nothing to do with investing in property.

You have a nice style, but your article lacks substance and facts about investing in property. What are the average costs? What legal costs are involved How would a reader start looking for a property. What might be the best areas, the best kind of property? There is so much you could put into this. Ask yourself how much more knowledge about investing in international property would a visitor have after reading your hub? None, right?

Hope that helps.

working