jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

Looking for criticisms

1. BlueGloves profile image65
    BlueGlovesposted 5 weeks ago

Hello Hubbers,

I am fairly new here (nice to meet you all) and I was wondering if you could please take a look at My first Horror, Mystery Short Story about a girl who visits their holiday house every summer and she has bad night terrors there (so she thinks). This summer the family finds a blue VHS tape in the house with a message for them. It is only chapter one and I would really like some feed back to help me with the story. https://hubpages.com/literature/Blue-Ta … hapter-One

Thank you for your time and happy writing

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Your hub isn't published, I'm afraid. It's probably going through the Quality Assessment Process. You may get an email with a link to the forum so you can submit your hub here for critique. If you don't get one, then congrats, your hub is up and running.

Meanwhile, it's important you know that Hubpages is not the best place to publish your fiction. If you are simply doing it for yourself then no problem, but if you are hoping to attract traffic, then you might be better off publishing on your own website or blog. Or even a Kindle book. Also linked hubs are never a good idea - Chapter 1, 2, etc.

The best thing you can do here at HP, is to write non-fiction, fully formed and useful articles to attract search engine traffic, and eventually to earn you some money smile

Edit: Why not consider publishing your work as a podcast?

1. BlueGloves profile image65
        BlueGlovesposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

Hi
        Thank you so much for the reply, I will take note of your advice smile
        It was really helpful and sorry we couldn't read it

2. BlueGloves profile image65
        BlueGlovesposted 5 weeks ago in reply to this

I saw the email to post where I was met to, it was in my Junk, if you are still interested you may check it out there

Thank you so much for your help and for being nice smile

PS I want to write this mostly for myself

working