jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Anyone notice unusual traffic on Spinditty?

1. Kaili Bisson profile image99
    Kaili Bissonposted 2 months ago

One of my Spinditty hubs started taking off last night and now has views in the 5-figures. I never get traffic like this on anything (not a matter of quality, just the topics I tend to focus on).

Has anyone else noticed an odd bump-up on that niche site, or am I finally getting a "viral" hub?  :-)

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
      DrMark1961posted 2 months ago in reply to this

Check your traffic sources. A bump like that may be social media, and will show up there.

Kaili Bissonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Dr Mark. There were no discernible stats at first, but by Saturday I could see that it was m.facebook. Someone must have picked it up, and it went from there. Traffic down now, but still well above what I ever see.

2. bac2basics profile image91
      bac2basicsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Hey, well done you. I hope its going viral no matter what the reason :-)

Hello Anne. Yes, any bump is a good one! First time in 5 years anything like this has happened  :-)

2. FatFreddysCat profile image96
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 months ago

I've got a bunch of stuff on Spinditty and would welcome such a bump. Feel free to send some of 'em my way. big_smile

Would do, of course, if I only knew the magic behind it  :-)  People on facebook on their mobile devices is all I can say...how do we tap into that as the norm?!

3. Robert Sacchi profile image87
    Robert Sacchiposted 2 months ago

Which Hub?  Have you tried Googling your article that spiked?  You could also look at the sources of your hits that may give some clues.  At any rate congratulations.

Hi Robert and thank you. Yes, the stats (which weren't conclusive at first) show Facebook mobile devices as the source...I hope that the readers who ended up on Spinditty as a result of my hub took the time to check out all the great stuff there!

4. DrMark1961 profile image92
    DrMark1961posted 2 months ago

Glad you were able to find out where the traffic was coming from. Next time, if the traffic is coming from a new source, you can find this out right away by going to the hub, clicking on stats, then click on referrers. Select the "day" and it will tell you where your traffic is coming from that day.
    For example, yandex.ru is not on my traffic sources list, but they are on my latest hub stats list. Who would have thought?

working