jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (16 posts)

Learning my Hubpages Neighbors....

1. bluesradio profile image32
    bluesradioposted 5 months ago

Tell me something about yourself and what you are about?  It could be a way for us to get to know each other?
    Born in Durham, NC where I currently live, attended school at Marquette in Milwaukee, been involved in media, radio and events for a number of years and have lived also in Raleigh, Boca Raton, Winston-Salem, and Greensboro, and Turkey when I was a baby.....

1. kenneth avery profile image82
      kenneth averyposted 5 months ago in reply to this

@bluesradio . . .
      Life-long resident of Hamilton, the county seat of Marion County in northwest Alabama. Retired from newspaper after 24 years. Also worked for short time selling air with a local FM station that lied to me about a job that I had talked to them about; been on HP for now going on six years and I like horseback riding, clam bakes and sitting in a tent in the woods during a slow rain.

bluesradioposted 5 months ago in reply to this

Also have worked in media myself..Folks started a community radio station when I was a Teenager that was on for 10 years from Mid 70's to Mid 80's and have been on the air for other stations as well (WNCU on the campus of NCCU, WCOM Currently in Carrboro, and WMUR on the campus of Marquette and have also co-hosted a podcast with a friend....Have also done various events and worked for newspapers ranging from my campus paper to the Garner News and Carolinian after college and more recently as a guest columnist for the News and Observer's (Raleigh's paper) Durham edition......Have always said I wanted to learn how to ride a Horse and I love seeing what nature has to offer in the way of just paying attention when walking and definitely love connecting people and projects.....

Even at this stage of my life, I would love to have a radio station studio in my home or even have my own talk radio show with listeners calling in to talk about issues, life and any topic they choose but not slam anyone on the air.
          I am 63 and not in the best of health. I would like to do something while I am able rather than sit in the cheap seats years from now mumbling, "man, I wish that I had . . ."

Maybe we should look at doing some radio work together...I know I can get you as a regular guest on the show that I co host........

are you serious?
              Now this ain't (some of my rural slang) The Adventures of Ashland and Angel!

Definitely serious but I have to run it by Ty, it's her show...

@bluesradio, great!

@bluesradio II, just don't forget moi!

2. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 5 months ago

I live in Toowoomba, Australia, with two kids and a husband. I work from home. I'm studying a Master of Marketing (thanks to accidentally clicking a Linkedin advert). I write. I live on the Internet. I write some more. I'm a Social Media addict. I love Twitter & Linkedin the most.

Also hooked on social media and Australia is one of the places in the world I want to visit as ius Kenya, France, Brazil, Thailand, Paris, and London to name a few..

3. alikhan3 profile image91
    alikhan3posted 5 months ago

Born in Karachi Pakistan, I am an Electrical Engineering student. Young man with many aspiring high dreams .........

4. lifelovemystery profile image85
    lifelovemysteryposted 5 months ago

Texan by birth, and Houstonian by choice. Houston gets a bad rap, but it's an amazing place to work and live. Cheers!

Know of an actress friend from Houston and some friends in Laredo and Dallas areas and of course we all know Austin has an active Indy rock scene.......Definitely on my list of states further out west to visit....

working