jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Hub Comments

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
    galleryofgraceposted 2 months ago

Just learned that commenters have to be signed in or sign up in order to leave a comment on any hub.

How is this going to help ???????? Who is going to bother to do this????   NOBODY!

1. Terrielynn1 profile image85
      Terrielynn1posted 2 months ago in reply to this

People are commenting on mine without logging in. I have one only and I realized you can control if a guest can comment or not. Now I am going to change that one too. I have a couple friends who want to comment.

2. peachpurple profile image77
      peachpurpleposted 2 months ago in reply to this

I have some friends who commented on my hubs from social media sites instead since they are not hubpages member.

You don't have to be member to comment on a hub. I changed the setting so they can comment as a guest. It's in the general settings.

2. Natalie Frank profile image97
    Natalie Frankposted 2 months ago

I''m having the same problem with almost all the niche sites despite being repeatedly told as long as I'm signed into HP it isn't a problem.  If I try to use my HP sign in info on a niche site it doesn't work but being signed into HP also doesn't work.  So I just enter my name and write a comment regardless of it logging me as a guest.  Good luck.

3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 2 months ago

Both of you are doing something wrong and missing the point. The username and password you use for HubPages also works for all the niche site.

In addition, it's not true that one needs to be logged in or have an account to leave comments unless the author specified that in the settings. You must have run into one of those Hubber's hubs. It's a choice each Hubber makes – if they want to allow anyone to comment or just other Hubbers. 

By the way, when you moderate and respond to comment, you don't even need to go to the individual hubs. You do it all from one place under your global comments page.

1. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Thank you Glenn, I had no idea my hubs were set to only allow signed in hubbers to comment.

4. Venkatachari M profile image85
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 months ago

I neither set it Yes or No. Does it affect those unsigned viewers?

If you set it then you will be able to set it when editing each hub article.

Ops if you don't set it in general settings.

5. profile image77
    Joel Lantzposted 2 months ago

Important information. As a relative newbie, I've been unaware that comments were restricted to registered Hubbers. May partially explain why I've received only a single comment on my first hub thus far  (not including a follow-up comment from the same person).

A couple of related Qs:

1. Does this same restriction apply to voting in a hub's poll capsule? May only registered Hubbers vote?

2. Terrielynn, are you saying that a Hubber can turn on the ability for anyone to comment on his/her hubs?

Yes in you general settings. You can control it there. Or set it so you can control it in each article you write.

6. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 2 months ago

The settings are here: http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/comments

I think the default is to allow outside commenters.

working