Hubber score question

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (27 posts)
  1. galleryofgrace profile image70
    galleryofgraceposted 7 years ago

Why does my score drop one point just because I logged in??????? It happens every time. So maybe I'll just quit logging in and my score will stay at 83. Since google only recognizes hubbers with scores of 83 or higher!

1. Jesse Drzal profile image91
      Jesse Drzalposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I always understood it as the threshold being 75. I wouldn't worry much about fluctuations I don't.

2. HoneyBB profile image93
      HoneyBBposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, don't worry about it...mine fluctuates continuously by 3 to 4 points. The more you read other hubs and leave in depth comments, as well as, making any improvements to your articles, the higher your score will go.

3. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't know where you got the idea that Hubbers below a certain score aren't recognised - that's definitely NOT true.

Scores have absolutely no effect on  you, except for one thing. Below a certain score, if you have links in any of your Hubs, they are tagged "no follow".   The only time you need to worry about that is if those links are promoting your own website or blog - in which case you've lost the benefit of the link. Otherwise it doesn't matter - the "no follow" tag just means that Google won't follow the link.  It still works for real readers.

And that score is?

1. NateB11 profile image87
          NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

I remember it being 75 for a Hub Score, 85 for Hubber Score. It used to be lower.

1. NateB11 profile image87
            NateB11posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Actually I was wrong, it's 40 for a Hub Score. I was right about the Hubber Score. http://hubpages.com/faq/#linksnofollow

2. galleryofgrace profile image70
        galleryofgraceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I don't use links except maybe once  in a blue moon on a photo.
        It has always been my understanding that  google does not recognize hubbers with  scores below 83. In other words if your score is 83 or above you get google traffic if not you get nothing.

1. theraggededge profile image96
          theraggededgeposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Google does not know or care what your hubber score is. Hub scores are only an internal thing and mostly, they mean nothing smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image86

No idea where you got that idea from, but it's a load of rubbish!

Google doesn't know or care what scores mean.

3. ILoveLegosToo profile image83
          ILoveLegosTooposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I get plenty of google traffic.

3. Sherry Hewins profile image92
        Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

We always say hubber score doesn't matter, and in general, I agree, but I found this on the Learning Center, and if it's true, then having a higher hubber score gives us more time before our hubs are unfeatured. https://hubpageshelp.com/features/Learn … tured-Hubs

"How Much Search Traffic is Needed for a Hub to Stay Featured?
        Your Hub needs to have some search traffic to stay Featured. The amount of traffic it needs and the length of time it has to accrue that traffic is determined by your Hubber Score.

Hubs written by Hubbers with very high Hubber Scores will have up to a few years for their Hubs to prove themselves. Those with lower Hubber Scores may have as little as one month (we're talking pretty low Hubber Scores in that case)."

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

Wow that's interesting.   Every now and then, HubPages slips in a rule or two without announcing them. Sounds like this is one.

4. peachpurple profile image82
      peachpurpleposted 7 years agoin reply to this

yup, don't worry too much about the scores, that isn't really important, look at your daily earnings, THAT is IMPORTANT

I'm way more concerned with CPM than Hubscore.

2. Venkatachari M profile image86
    Venkatachari Mposted 7 years ago

The other accusation is also very silly. Logging in does not reduce your score. Rather it would increase one more point in your score.
    Whether you log in or not the scoring system does its job according to the scheduled times and norms.

My scores always go down when in the forums.

1. galleryofgrace profile image70
        galleryofgraceposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Jesse.

3. Kierstin Gunsberg profile image94
    Kierstin Gunsbergposted 7 years ago

As long as I've been writing on Hubpages, my score has fluctuated 10 points. I never pay attention to it, it doesn't affect my traffic or income at all smile

4. Luke Holm profile image87
    Luke Holmposted 7 years ago

I heard the full moon affects it as well.

1. Marisa Wright profile image86

You're very probably right - considering the obscure workings of HubberScore, it's as good an explanation as any!

2. LiveMusicLoverLyn profile image81
      LiveMusicLoverLynposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOL smile

5. WryLilt profile image89
    WryLiltposted 7 years ago

You've got the cart before the horse. Traffic and quality are what decides hub scores, hub scores don't impact quality and traffic.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13456270_f1024.jpg

Wax on..Wax off. Wash Rinse Repeat.

6. srsddn profile image89
    srsddnposted 7 years ago

Very interesting discussion! I have not added any Hub for many months now. Nor I interact much with other Hubbers. Mine Hubber Score ranges between 87-90. And this range is maintained for more than a year.

1. Sherry Hewins profile image92
      Sherry Hewinsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

A couple of years ago, I did not log in at all for over 6 months. When I returned my Hubber score was 100.

7. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 7 years ago

I think it must be a computerized response.  My score goes up and down a few points like a yoyo!  With no apparent reason.
    Similarly with my Commentator level. It has been Level 4 for some time but a few weeks ago it suddenly dropped to 3.  My assumption it's because I was not affraid to confront a very vocal and insulting person, but they managed to report me, just before they were banned from HP.
    Although it can be encouraging to have higher scores, maybe our egos need to addressed more often, and basically ignore the scores.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)