jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why was my hub deleted?

1. lilmizmoore profile image60
    lilmizmooreposted 8 years ago

I am very puzzled.

I have had a very popular hub called 'Snowman Soup'. In fact, earlier today I was looking at it (no editing...just looking) and it was doing quite well getting over 500 hits in the past day or so. Everything seemed fine.

then about an hour ago I noticed it is completely removed from my list of hubs that I created. I have no idea why it was deleted. I didn't do it, and its been a very active and busy hub since I created it.

It was simply a recipe for 'snowman soup' nothing more. I emailed the hubpages people with a hope for an answer as to why it was suddenly deleted. :-((

2. relache profile image86
    relacheposted 8 years ago

I can understand you wanting to ask someone, but I very much doubt that anyone in the forums is going to be able to answer you.  This is clearly a case where you're going to have to see what HubPages says.

I found a copy of your hub cached at Google and can't help noticing that the recipe seems to be the exact same wording as some other sites (just in a different ingredient order) and the label poem is the exact same wording as on some other sites on the web.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 8 years ago

That hub had been deleted, but I don't believe it was through any action on HubPages part.  All I can think of is that you accidentally clicked the DELETE button at some point.  If we feel a hub violates one of our policies we never delete it, we simply unpublish and mark it at as needing revision and send an email to the author.

At any rate, I was able to restore that hub to a published state from our backup.

4. lilmizmoore profile image60
    lilmizmooreposted 8 years ago

My hub was restored this morning when I logged back in. Was added back to my list. Go Figure as to what happened to it.

BTW I am aware that there are different variations of this recipe floating around on the internet, thus I am not claiming it to me solely my idea. :-)