jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Why Doesn't the Poll module Display Results Unless Clicked?

1. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 2 months ago

I use it to get feedback from readers of my troubleshooting hubs about whether the hub helped or not. If the poll showed results and a high percentage of "yes"  votes, it might be an incentive for readers to continue reading. Normally I put polls at the bottom of hubs, but maybe they could be floating so they are more noticeable and more likely to be voted on.

2. Glenn Stok profile image97
    Glenn Stokposted 2 months ago

The reason why polls don't show the results until after someone votes is so that the info doesn't affect their vote decision. It's always been that way.

1. eugbug profile image96
      eugbugposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Yes, but it's only for fun (and unlikly to decide the fate of the nation.)  I can of course always add an image of the vote results.

3. Hellenic Pagan1 profile image79
    Hellenic Pagan1posted 2 months ago

Not sure if you just don't see it or if your poll is missing it but usually, there is an option to the right of the vote button that says "see results". If you have it, you can just click on that and see the results. I don't know if your viewers can see this option or not though. I only have a poll on my first hub so I don't really know how it works sorry.

4. lobobrandon profile image84
    lobobrandonposted 2 months ago

Polls on many hubs help users make decisions, so it's not deciding the fate of the nation, but nonetheless it's important that people leave unbiased votes.

5. eugbug profile image96
    eugbugposted 2 months ago

Ok, what I suppose I'm really asking (in a convoluted way!) is whether there could be a way of giving a vote of approval to a hub, not necessarily using the poll module, with the results displayed which might act as an incentive to readers to continue reading? We used to be able to give a thumbs up under various categories, but I can't remember why this was discontinued, maybe the system was abused. Also, the social media share buttons could display numbers of shares which could appeal to the "sheep mentality" of readers and encourage reshares, but apparently this would slow loading times as data would have to be retrieved from Flipboard, Facebook etc.

1. lobobrandon profile image84
      lobobrandonposted 2 months ago in reply to this

Load times was also the reason to remove the vote up buttons. And if your article is not retaining people, the votes on it will not either in my opinion. Many comments do lead to more people willing to write a comment, though.

working